Meetings and farewells

THUNDERCATHIANS

Capítulo 13: Meetings and farewells

Tara, the tall, muscular and tanned chief mechanic of Risu's crew, was finishing the final repairs to the feline tank along with Panthro.

"I already talked to the berbils," said Pantro, as he was busy with some tools in his work of tuning the feline tank, "I thanked them for giving me robotic arms, but I will undergo the operation to get my organic arms back."

"I would have liked you to have had the operation sooner," said Tara, who stopped her work so she could see Panthro in the eyes.

"There is no other choice, after all the mission goes first.... don't worry, we don't know what to expect when looking for the city of El Dara, even my robotic arms may be of great help."

"Have you finally decided wich thundercats will go on the mission?"

"Yes, Lynx-O, Bengali, Tygra, Cheetara (that couple didn't want to separate), me, and even if you don't believe it, Pumyra will go too."

"Pumyra, isn't that the Thundercat who betrayed you in avian?"

"Apparently she was not aware of her actions. What about you, who will go looking for El Dara?"

"I'll go as you well know (don't think you'll go without me), besides, Captain Risu and Rauri will go. Vice Captain Yuubi will remain (fortunately) here to replace Lnyx-O and Bengali in the fundraising efforts of the Mumm-ra fortress."

"It will be excellent to have an adventure with the good General Lnyx-O. Bengali, I don't know him very well, but I heard good things about him. I see only the little ones will stay here."

"That's right, Wilykit, Jesssie, Wilykat and Sebastian are too young to go on this adventure.... whether they like it or not."

Panthro nodded with a smile and then looked at the royal palace with concern, wondering how Lion-O was going to make Pumyra's decision to move away from him.

.

.

"Are you sure this is what you want?" the young king of thundera asked disheartenedly.

"I know you all tell me that I was not aware of my decisions, but I was at least partly aware of them and the consequences of my actions cannot be denied. Please Lion-O, my lord, allow me to go on this mission to somehow convince you and myself that I still have a chance at redemption."

"You don't have to convince me of anything Pumyraa, but if this is what you want, I'll let you go with the other thundercats. I hope that on your return you will be at peace with yourself," Lion-O said, as he placed a serene face but at the same time pressed both his fists imperceptibly to his side, lest he put both hands on Pumyra's shoulders and then embraced her, selfishly refusing to separate himself from her.

"Thank you very much, Lion-O, my king," said Pumyra as tears streamed down her face.

"Don't worry my lord," said Lynx-O, "be assured that nothing bad will happen to any member of the expedition."

"Lynx-O and I thank you, my king, for this opportunity to show our worth," said Bengali with a bow.

"You don't have to prove anything, it was thanks to your help that we gained enough time to strengthen ourselves and win Mumm-ra over. Lynx-O, Bengali, I ask you to take care of Pumyra and my brother."

"Don't worry, Lion-O," Tygra calmed him, "nothing bad will happen, and you know very well that I can take care of myself."

"Please, Cheetara," said Lion-O, bowing and clasping the palms of his hands as a plea, "don't let Tygra get hurt as soon as you leave Thundera or as soon as you cross the palace gates."