Cats on the hot roof

THUNDERCATHIANS

Chapter 9: Cats on the hot roof

One starry night, like a gigantic dome, covered the night sky in the avian city, under which the melancholic avians, due to the fall of their civilization, sighed with sorrow the fact of not being able to glimpse the lights of their capital above the clouds.

On one of the reconstructed domes of the city, four young figures glimpsed the sky as they lay on their backs and occasionally pointed to a star that shone brighter than the others.

"The avians are rare," said Wilykit, "whether you're above the clouds or down here, the moon is the same size and the stars shine with the same intensity."

"What bothers them is that now they can't see others over their shoulder," said Wilykat.

"They can still spread their wings and fly towards the sun," said Jessie, as she extended her arms to the stars.

"Or to the moon," interrupted Sebastian, as his soft orange hair gracefully fell over his emerald eyes the same as his cousin cathian.

"Obvious genius," snorted Jessie, who did the same with her long, reddish hair, "I meant that they can still fly and be cheerful and not sullen as they are now."

"And I mean cousin, they can also aspire to love someone," Sebastian said as he sticks his tongue prickedly at his cousin.

"Umm... love someone, tell me Wilykat. Do you already love someone?" Jessie asked the young Thundercat without changing her position.

"Hey, why are you asking me that!" Wilykat exclaimed as he changed his position to look at the cathian.

"Just curious," said Jessie, as she rolled around flirting and looked Wilykat straight in the eyes, holding the tip of her long, silky hair and biting it with feigned innocence.

"He hasn't even kissed a girl," Wilykit mocked as she turned around and glanced at her brother.

"You stay out of this, anyway, how do you know I haven't kissed someone? I might as well have kissed someone."

"So, and to whom? Oh I know, you kissed Mommy on the cheek and our little sister on her forehead! That's all the experience you've had, you fool!"

"Shut up, that's none of your business!"

"You haven't kissed anyone, la, la, la, la, la, you haven't kissed anyone!"

"Whiskers... What about you, the only man you've ever kissed is Dad on the cheek"

Wilykit stopped smiling and glanced at her brother, but then the pain framed over her face.

"I'm sorry Wilykit.... I din't..."

"You're a fool," Wilykit interrupted as tears begin to show through her eyes.

"Do you miss your mom and dad?" Sebastian, who had turned around and rubbed Wilykit's back to comfort her, asked her worried.

"Yes... I also miss my siblings very much.... I don't want this anymore Wilykat, I don't want to look for Eldara... I want to go home to Mommy!"

"I... I also want to go back to Mommy and our little brother and sister..."

"Are you sure about this? Sebastian asked them worried. You have come so far to help Lion-O and others, believe it or not, they will feel lost without you."

"But I miss my mommy so much and we can't keep looking for a fairytale city," said Wilykit, as she looked shyly at her brother.

"I know how you what can cheer you up right now," said Jessie as she exchanged a quick glance with her cousin.