Engatusando

THUNDERCATHIANS

Capítulo 10: Engatusando

A tall, scrawny figure looked closely at several control panels that indicated numerous variants present and developing in Mumm-ra's dark, fallen "pyramid.

Suddenly a door behind the figure opened and Vultureman hurriedly proceeded to turn off the control panels present.

An avian with a body covered with celestial plumage, unlike the traitorous avian, entered the enclosure and Vultureman breathed a sigh of relief.

"What's going on, Blue? For a moment I thought it was Captain Salamander."

"I'm sorry to have interrupted your work, Your Excellency," said the avian with a bow, just as he did when he was the Vultureman's secretary when he was the President of the avian city.

"Well, what news do you bring?" He was questioned by the tall, ungainly avian half-plucked.

"Slithe together with Monkian and Jackalman are stuck in what was Claudus' kingdom, they can't with the urban warfare tactics of the cat barbarians under Lynx-O and Bengali's command."

"Even though Slithe has Mechs and aerial fighters?" Interesting.

"So is your Excellency, from what I found out, Rodent, whoever was Ratar-O's second and now commands the rats due to the death of the warlord, gives the barbarians free passage through his territory."

"The news you bring me is very interesting, how come nobody has discovered the transit of the cat barbarians through the territory controlled by the rats?"

"Your excellence, the barbarians use tunnels that last for hundreds of kilometers, that is why it is impossible to eliminate them from the air and the sweeps with Mechs and infantry on the surface are unsuccessful."

"And of course, since Rodent is an ally of Slithe, the cold-blooded don't suspect the help the rodent is giving the cats. What an amazing event! Mice and cats getting along! Or should I say... conspiring together. Those cat barbarians turned out to be more crafty than I thought at first, they're good at that...engatusar."

"Your Excellency, how were the negotiations with the barbarians?"

"Even though I had to lower myself to talk to these barbarians, I must say that the negotiations were very productive."

"Your Excellency?"

"There's a new player on the scene, my loyal Blue. One who shares with the Thundercats barbarians the hobby of engatusar when it suits him, I suppose all cats are alike after all."

"Only you have the agile and precise discernment for these situations that so characterizes your excellence."

"Both crows and cats and rats share something.... a taste for shiny things. Now I see that the barbarians and these new feline allies gave a great deal of treasure to Rodent, to give them his help, but the sum I received and the benefits I will get from this deal will be... astronomical."

"Why does your Excellency need such exorbitant capital in such haste?"

"Because once Mumm-ra fell with his pathetic henchmen, I plan to run for the avian presidency."

"But Your Excellency, in avian they don't look kindly on you because of...!"

"You can say it, Blue, they don't look kindly on me because of my black betrayal.... don't worry, in the negotiations I was assured that the events prior to the Avian fall would be recounted in the population for my convenience."