exposed {edited}

I remember the first time I met you so clearly, it's almost creepy. You probably don't have the faintest memory of that day, that moment where my line of vision met yours, and we just stared. To me, it was only you and I at that kid's laser tag party. The guest of honor was my cousin, Arthur, and you'd only come to accompany your brother. You smiled that sickeningly charming smile, that skewed sideways in that adorable way, and I nearly melted because with that smile I recognized you as Reed Marlowe. God, you were so cute, and your t-shirt was glowing fluorescent white under the black lights of the laser tag arena. I was glad for the dark of the room because you couldn't see the furious blush working it's way to the surface of my skin. I ripped my eyes from yours, hiked up my glowing plastic vest, and continued to slay little eight-year-olds with my laser gun.

I prayed that once we entered the brightly-lit lobby with the galaxy decals on the faded walls, you wouldn't see my actual face, recognize me as irrelevant, and promptly stop making eye contact with me. But you didn't do that; you actually smiled. I was delirious with disbelief, even looking over my shoulder to reassure myself that you weren't smiling at some prettier girl behind me. Because, I didn't know you, but I knew of you, and of the girls you'd dated, and had gathered that I wasn't at all your type. But when I looked back at you, there you were, your eyes locked onto mine, and chuckling at my awkwardness. This was a miracle if anything was.

"Hi," you said with that self-possessed smirk. You were so stereo-typically a bad boy, but just a few minutes ago I'd seen you enthusiastically hitting little kids with lasers and running around the foggy arena like a maniac. I guess seeing that put me at ease at least a little. Otherwise, I don't think I would've been able to keep my cool.

Man, did you have the most beautiful eyes. They were deep brown, soulful. For me, the whole world was in those twin pools of chocolate. Blue eyes always seemed to get girls, but brown eyes had always been so attractive to me. The depth of them, I guess. Blue eyes were too clear, like shallow water where you can see right to the sandy bottom.

You told me your name was Reed; I restrained myself from telling you I already knew. Instead, I opted to simply tell you my name, managing not to stutter as I said, "Alexa." It was a lost cause to tell you that. I can't remember, to this day, more than a few times when you actually said my full, given name.

The rest of that afternoon we spent talking about anything and everything. You succeeded at charming me; by the end of Arthur's party I was enraptured by everything about you, from the cool smile to the meaningfulness behind your dark eyes.

Allowing myself to be enchanted was probably my first mistake, but by now there was no going back.

Sincerely, Alexa Green

A/N thats Reed over on the side. Mmmmm love me some Francisco Lachowski.

Dont forget to vote, comment, and follow!!

ily