3- And Then She Got Angry

Start from the beginning

"Oh yeah. I'm coming down to San Fran soon. I might have to crash with you for a couple nights if that's okay." Dylan was currently living in New York. He got amazing grades at school, graduated from a university down in Australia and moved over to New York earlier in the year, at only 21, straight from university with a position in a prestigious law firm.

"Yeah that's fine. Can you already take time off work? You've only been there for 7 months" I asked.

"So about that..." Dylan trailed off.

"Oh shit Dyl. What have you done?" I asked, sitting up from my position, listening carefully to what Dylan was going to say next.

"I got drafted for basketball and I'm in a team that are going to tour America and at the end of the tour somebody will get offered a place to play for New York Knicks" He told me in a near whisper.

"Have you told mum and dad?" I already knew the answer to that but asked anyway.

"No." He squeaked.

"Dylan" I sighed. "What are you going to do?"

"I am going to tell them about it when I come down to San Fran and there's no way they can talk me out of it. I already told my boss and he was fully supportive and even told me that I was welcome back at any point in time. Ally, I love basketball. It's been my passion ever since I was a little kid. I'm not ready to settle down into law yet. I want to live for a bit first" He told me with passion.

I sighed. "I am fully supportive of you Dyl, I just don't know how they're going to react"

Dylan chuckled on the end of the phone. "Me either but this is my decision and I am sticking with it."

"Good. Look, I'm tired. I think I might start to get ready for bed" I told Dylan.

"Okay. I love you" He replied.

"Love you too"

The day had seemed to have disappeared. One minute I was getting ready for the day and the next I was in bed with my sketch pad and pens, ready to sleep.

I woke early the next morning which was extremely unusual for me. Like 6:30 was not a time my body would willing wake up at yet here I was, wide awake unable to get back to sleep.

I decided to make the most of the morning, getting up and changing into running gear.

I had heard Charlie come back late last night and as I tiptoed passed her bedroom, I couldn't help but peek in through her open door to see Charlie lying face down like a starfish on top of the covers, still fully dressed and snoring lightly.

I chuckled to myself as I closed her door and made my way out onto the street. It was sunny and the rays made my skin warm. I started off in the general direction of the beach knowing it wouldn't take me any more than ten minutes to arrive at the boardwalk.

Only minutes after setting off, I could smell the sea so I knew I was close. Closing my eyes, I was in a comfortable paced and decided to relax. Actually closing my eyes was a bad idea. Who closes their eyes when they run? This idiot of course.

I slowed as I reached an intersection, making sure it was clear before moving on. Just as I was in the middle of the road a motor bike came out of nowhere and screeched to the side of me causing me to jump into the gutter. I leapt out of the way, just missing the moving vehicle which would have collided into me if I had stayed in the same spot a second longer.

The guy on the bike didn't make any motions to slow down as he casually looked over his shoulder at me on the way past. I knew I was fuming and the lazy smirk that the helmet-less guy threw my way only provoked me even more.