― 07 | HONEYMOON GONE AWRY

Start from the beginning

"Ah, we meet again, missy." 

Edelyn gave a startled jump, and before she could draw her wand, hands clasped around her throat and squeezed. "You're getting a lot more than a little bite this time," Fenrir Greyback's breathed into her neck. 

Pure loathing bubbled in Edelyn, and with nothing but hatred coursing through every vein, she pressed her palms against his fingers and her eyes flared as, for the second time that night, she performed the Revulsion Jinx.

Greyback's fingers released from her neck, and she stumbled forward a few steps before spinning on her heels and shouting, "Confringo!" The werewolf was thrown back into the air, landing with a loud thud, and it took Edelyn a few calming breaths before she could regain composure — before the brilliant green faded from her eyes. 

Control it, Edelyn. Control it, she ordered herself as she felt the lingering tingles of her Beaumanoir magic ripple down the tips of her fingers. Control it

Drawing her wand, she looked into the crowd, and her gaze landed on Tonks, who was duelling two Death Eaters. Raising her wand, she sent a Disarming Charm at one of them, and their wand flew twelve feet in the air before landing behind them. Spinning on their heels, they went to retrieve it but weren't quick enough as, with another flick of her wrist, Edelyn sent a Stunning Spell, and the Death Eater fell unconscious to the floor. 

"Lyn! Duck!" 

Edelyn did not hesitate. She quickly crouched down; a jet of green light whipped over her head. Straightening up, she raised her wand at the attacker and shouted, "Impedimenta!"

The Death Eater blocked it and shot another curse. 

"Protego!"

The shield blocked the jet of red light coming at her from the front but did nothing to the one that suddenly came at her from behind. 

A million searing knives — they stabbed at every inch of her body, and her bones felt as if they were being crushed into powder. She fell to the ground and began to writhe. Whether she was screaming or not she could not tell, for every sense was preoccupied with the excruciating pain inflicted by the Cruciatus Curse. 

Then, as soon as the pain had come, it disappeared, and Edelyn was left panting on the ground. Someone roughly yanked her up by her hair and pulled her head back. 

Edelyn narrowed her eyes into a glare as she stared up into cold grey orbs. "Going to torture me like you did my mother?" she spat.

Lucius Malfoy gave a low growl. "Where's Potter?" he demanded. 

"No idea," Edelyn said through gritted teeth. 

"You lie!"

And again, she was engulfed in a world of pain. But this time, she didn't collapse to the floor, for Lucius Malfoy held her upright and watched maliciously as she squirmed in his grasp.

"You'll have to do a lot worse than that," Edelyn panted once the spell had been lifted.

"Listen, girl," he snarled, yanking her head back with such force that Edelyn felt her neck would surely break. "I'm not going to ask this again. Where's Potter?"

His wand jabbed into her side and Edelyn winced, bracing herself for another round of pain, but instead, what she heard was the familiar voice of Remus Lupin.

"You're surrounded, Malfoy. Let her go!" 

"I'll kill her before any of you have the chance to cast a spell," Lucius growled, and Edelyn felt the wand leave from her side and jab into her neck.