Ch. 21: A Promising Present (Part 2)

Start from the beginning

"Nervous?", the tattooed woman asked Dinah, walking over to her previous position from in front of the door.  She hadn't moved from that spot since she first arrived in the room.  She wasn't shy or anything, but rather hesitant because she didn't know Dinah or Zendaya personally.  Or Lauren for that matter, besides that one night.  As a result, she decided to stay put, watch the group's dynamic to see what they're all about, and listen.  The last thing she needed was any of the loud, boisterous women yelling at her because she got in Dinah's business.  Another thing she didn't like was fighting; she'd rather love you to death than punch you to death.

"Yes.  Very.", Dinah admitted.

"Well don't be.  I heard your song and it's really good, so I'm sure you'll be fine.  If anything, just imagine the audience and Jimmy in their underwear."

Dinah giggled, it was probably due to her being nervous wreck, but she giggled nonetheless, which made Kehlani smile wide. 

"Thanks for the advice....", Dinah trailed off, forgetting the blonde woman's name already.

"Kehlani"

"Kehlani, but I'll pass.  There's only one person I want to see in their underwear right now and they're not Jimmy, nor an audience member."

"Is it...", Kehlani trailed off while gazing at the ceiling in mock thought, "Normani?"

Dinah's cheeks heated up in embarrassment.  "How did you know that?"

"There's pictures of her kissing your cheek all over magazines with '#Norminah Is Real?' as the headline.  Of course I know your special lady friend is Normani.", Kehlani rolled her eyes playfully, then gave a wide-smile that put her crater-deep dimples on display.

"Oh my gosh Kehlani!", Zendaya squealed, "You're dimples are so buteee!!"

Kehlani smiled wider, if that was even possible, "Thank you so much!  My mom and dad made them themselves!"

The tall brunette chucked.  "I can already tell that I'm going to like you."

"I second that.  You seem like a pretty cool girl Kehlani", Dinah added.

"Please call me Keh.  Kehlani is too formal for my liking.  But, you ladies seem pretty cool too."

"Hey ladies, I hate to ruin this 'love fest', but Dinah has to get ready.  We only have a solid hour and forty-five minutes until the show starts."

"Aye aye captain!", Zendaya saluted, then walked over to the clothes rack, rummaging through possible outfits Dinah could wear for the show.

Unlike Zendaya, Kehlani didn't move a muscle and just stared at Lauren with a stupid grin on her face while admiring her emerald green eyes, wavy raven-colored hair, flawless porcelain skin, and her curvaceous figure that was accentuated by her burgundy pants suit and black button down shirt. Even though she hasn't seen Lauren, let alone talked to her in two months, she still felt as though there were butterflies in her stomach.  When Kehlani ended contact with the girl, she didn't expect to miss her as much as she did because back then, she had no intention of contacting Lauren ever again. She believed their decision to hook up was unprofessional, and unwise because Lauren lacked vision, guidance, and motivation to do her job. However, now that she stayed away from the Cuban woman for quite some time now, and was seeing her again for the very second time, the feelings of their special night together rushed over her. Suddenly, Kehlani missed Lauren's touch, her smell, her body, and the way she caressed her body as if it was the most delicate thing in the world. Even though Lauren claimed to be severely drunk, Kehlani enjoyed every second with Lauren and would most certainly do it again.