One

One

"Turn your textbooks to page 65," Ms. Jeon commanded, eyes never leaving the board. The flicking of papers and the chalk hitting the black board are only audible in the quiet classroom.

"I want you to answer exercises one and two for a warm up in our next lesson." She added, slowly walking around the classroom to check if they're doing anything.

Nobody dared to mutter a word since she carries a rolled paper, ready to hit whoever opens their mouth.

Except for one.

"Don't you think she gives us too many works these days? I mean last quarter was pretty easy." Seoyeon whispered to the person beside her, hoping Seolah agrees with her statement.

Unfortunately she was ignored and the said teacher gave her a tight smack in the head, causing silent giggles from the students but shushed by Ms. Jeon.

"Is there a problem, Ms. Bae?" The professor asked, arms crossed.

"No, Ms. Jeon! You're just very beautiful you know." Seoyeon scratched her head, specifically where she was hit. Ms. Jeon rolled her eyes and continued walking around, the younger heaving a sigh.

The math period finally ended, so Ms. Jeon started collecting the textbooks before leaving the classroom.

The person in front of Seoyeon, Tomori, turned to face her. "Its the seventh time this week, Soeyeon."

Seoyeon was bewildered at Tomori's perfect Hangul, since it wasn't her first language. "It was just a whisper, Tomori."

"You do know your whispers are as loud as a normal conversation." Seolah sighed, eating some of her lunch while waiting for the next period.

The scent of cold bibimbap attracted the person in front of Seolah. So she flipped her chair to contemplate the bibimbap and Seolah.

"I thought it isn't lunch yet?" The girl asked, leaning her arms at Seolah's desk.

"Oh you know Seolah, Sohee." Seoyeon took out chopsticks from her sleeve and snatched a bite from the cold bibimbap. "She always skips breakfast."

"Yah!" Seolah yelled, keeping the food away from Soeyeon. "Did you just fucking shove those chopsticks from your sleeve?!"

"What? Gotta be prepared."

"The fuck?" Sonia was awoke from her peaceful slumber, making her groan in annoyance. "Can your voices lower a little? I was sleeping."