1.9

Upon seeing the dreaded woman, Lilac and Lily immediately tense up. Their father, oblivious to what the woman did, continued to entertain them. On the other hand, Christina was ready to strangle the two-faced bitch in front of her, yet she can't do anything about it because of her position as a maid. Meanwhile, Marigold's anger couldn't help but flare up when she saw the children of her sister. But she remembered that she had been given the opportunity to remove the obstacles on her way to becoming the new mistress of the Rosal clan.

"Lilac, Lily, your aunt and your cousin will be staying here for a week until they settle down in the capital."

When Lilac heard that, she was irked, knowing that her lovely aunt was going to plan something during the next following days. But she remembered that two can play at that game.

"Aunty welcome back~" She went and hugged her Aunt Marigold, hiding her smirk. Little did Marigold know whats coming for her.

🥀

When Lilac came into this world, she was disappointed when she realized she can't understand a single thing ever said. For a year, she tried to learn the language. Learning a new language can be very hard, but not for Lilac. Back on Earth, she owned few of the biggest companies in the market. Her daily schedule was flying between countries in a day's time to meet ambassadors, businessmen and women, CEOs, and even presidents from different nationalities. In order to do all of this, she had to learn 10 different languages even at a young age.

When her infantile body can support walking, she immediately went to the library and started to read. She started to slip in and out of people, hiding the fact that she does what she did because being known as a genius would be troublesome. But like, reading at not even a year old? She would be considered as a monstrosity.

After learning that children under 5 years old can not do magic, Lilac was a bit disappointed. Reincarnating in a magical world, the first thing you'd ever want to do is magic right? Even when you're a 2x year old in a child's body. So while she still tried to study the basics of magic, she focused more on runes.

Runes were a mysterious thing in the continent of Azeas. Runes are strange text inscribed in an object. There aren't many rune makers in this continent, and most of them are quite strange. Some rune makers didn't want to associate with humans, some always in hiding. Point is, it is hard to meet rune masters and that is the reason why their works were very sought after.

Even Lilac, whose family owned a hundred year old library, haven't seen a book that wrote deep into rune making. She had only seen runes being briefly mentioned, but one cannot fool her eyes into seeing the words inscribed in an illustration of a light rune.

It was ضوء , Arabic for illumination.

Having learned about runes, she tried various languages for making runes. But she found out that runes cannot be activated without magic. Instead of giving up, she finally found a way to activate them without her using magic. She just needed to use other people's mana and let them inject it into the objects she wants to inscribe the rune.

She found out that runes could only be used as a support item. She could make illuminating runes, protective runes and the like, but can't make fire, water and earth runes. Technically, she can make those, but the desired output cannot be done without other inscriptions supporting it. If she, for example made runes with the word water inscribed into a stone, it would only spew out water like a fountain. Therefore, if she wanted to create a rune solely for offense, she had to add more runic inscriptions to it.

🥀

Since Marigold wanted to do something to them, she wouldn't mind toying with her. You see, Lilac didn't want to immediately destroy someone whom she held grudges. She wanted to toy with them slowly, until little by little, their life crumbles and they would rather be dead than stay alive. She is quite thankful for her prey to step in her territory, where she wouldn't need to go great lengths to execute her move.

Since she can't use magic, nor is she influential enough to have her own people, Lilac can only use one thing she is familiar with, Runes.

🥀

So it starts. Anyways, thanks guys for helping me reach 2k reads omg I can't handle the fame like, you know?? Character Profiles is up, I'll be adding more characters when they get introduced so there will be no spoilers.

+If anyone sees a typo/ wrong grammar, please comment on that line and I'll edit it.