1.2

🥀

"Lily! Get over here'"

Basked under the sunlight, a middle aged woman is seen chasing around a raven haired little boy.

"Cristy~ catch me if you can"

The boy giggled as he ran away from the lady wearing a maid's clothing. The woman, although fatigue was evident on her face, seemed to have fun. The pair emmited laughter. In the background, a raven haired little girl reading a book under the tree can be seen.The sunlight blocked by the leaves created a tranquil image.

Three years have passed since Lilac came into this world.

Bearing the blood of Duke Rosal and Duchess Magnolia, Lilac was born in a very distinguished family in Lucian Empire. Unfortunately, the duchess died giving birth to Lilac and her twin, Lily. Within the past three years, Lilac and her brother only met the Duke twice.

What they didn't know is Lilac is someone who got reincarnated. With memories of her tragic death, Lilac cried for the betrayal she faced, wept for the home she lost, and battled anxiety in a world foreign to her.

Sometimes Lilac wondered about her father and brother back in Earth. She missed her father who doted on her too much and her brother who handled her too delicately. Although she felt this way, Lilac was given a second chance to live, so she swore to herself to live this life with no regrets.

The world she now resides in has magic and new things that had not previously existed in her past life. Things such as magic beasts, runes, mana, spells are all unfamiliar and new to Lilac, yet those were what they consider was sensible in this world.

For the past year, all Lilac did was read and absorb information about the world she now resides in. She knew that the world is currently peaceful, save for a few wars here and there. The continent shes in has six major powerhouses. The Demon Empire, is where the demon race can be found; The World Tree, is a huge forest where elves, dwarves and the faes reside; The Prairie, also called land of the free; The Kingdom of Makali, where humans mostly reside and Lucian Kingdom, where every single race under the heavens live.

This world has a Demon King, yet demons, elves, demi-humans and humans all live together in harmony. This is made possible due to the four kingdoms, except Kingdom of Makali, making a peace treaty.

Three hundred years ago, the five kingdoms battled each other. Blood had been shed and lives were lost, that is until the saint and the hero appeared. The great hero, instead of supporting a side, aimed for world peace, a huge feat in which he succeeded. This lead to what has now become today, the five kingdoms at peace with each other and the World Tree Academy.

For a world filled with wonder, there lies a lurking danger. Vivienne, now Lilac, was thankful for she was born in a rich family, and a noble one at that. Although she missed the warmth that her previous life had it is better to have a father who was never there, but with a roof upon ones head, than a life as a commoner in this current era. Even though this world had magic, the life of a commoner is not that easy here compared to the ones in 2xth century on Earth. Technology here was medieval and because many people focused on magic instead of science, it had not been fully developed. Although light magic existed in this world, it is expensive because light mages are very secluded and hard to find. There is a limit on how much magic can help and because of that, famines are a common occurrence and diseases run rampant.

The moment Lilac can walk and speak, she immediately began to study about magic and the like. Coming from a civilization far more advanced than her current one, she knows a lot about mathematics, science and things that are currently not yet discovered, yet she knows little to nothing on anything that concerns magic. Although she has yet to process her mana using her body, there is no harm in learning it in advance. With languages, history and even living beings in this world vastly different from what she was used to, Lilac never wasted even a single second on things that were not related to what she needed .

In order to survive this world and to protect her loved ones, specifically Lily and Cristy, she needs to do everything she can to give them the life that they, too, deserve.

🥀

Lilac's thoughts were abruptly stopped by a maid running, frantically calling over Cristina.

"Ms. Christina! The Lord is summoning the children." The worn out maid said.

Christina revealed a shocked expression. She wondered why the Duke would call them out now. Saying that he hadn't called for them for some time would be an understatement seeing as the duke had last seen the twins since a year ago. Anxiousness crept over her as she called the two siblings.

"Lilac and Lily, please get ready. Your father is calling you."

Lily stopped running, the cheerful expression on his face fading. Lilac halted her reading, a surprised look can be seen in her face.

Lilac assumed something must be important enough to get their father to summon them over. She doesn't have any kind feelings for him seeing as he wasn't even there for their mother when she died, nor was he currently there for them, his own children.

'Well, at least he doesn't beat us like some fathers do. He just simply ignores us.'

The three people then went to the Duke's office.

🥀

"Your Grace, the children have arrived." An attendant knocked the door.

"Father."

The girl with crimson eyes curtsied, a cold glint can be seen in her eyes. The boy of same age with the same visage of the girl bowed down as well.

Duke Rosa knew that his children's indifference was caused by himself, though that didn't make the pain in his heart more bearable. He finally gathered his courage to summon them, yet his own children looked at him like he was a stranger in their eyes and that pained him to see them treat him like this.

"Please get ready for the ball tomorrow night. I have already prepared some clothing which you can pick from. "

"Would that be all Father?"

"Yes, you may now go."

Though there were a lot of words Duka Rosa wanted to speak, he can not find the courage to say them. Things like how they were doing, what would they like to wear, he can not find the courage to elaborate more. Perhaps it was because of the guilt he felt due to him not being there when their mother needed him the most. Maybe this itself was a form of punishment he inflicts to his own self, yet he hadn't realized the pain his selfish actions caused to his children.

After the children left, the room became barren once more.

🥀

Im just sick of transmigration /reincarnation stories wherein the father is depicted as cold hearted and uncaring for no reason sooo...