1.5

"Hi! My name is Daisy, what's yours?" A little girl who had pink hair suddenly came over Lilac. Although Lilac hated her mother, the child did nothing wrong, so Lilac did not hold any resentment to the child.

"My name is Lilac and this is my brother Lily." Lily was confused as to why Lilac was being friendly to the daughter of the unbearable woman. He stared at his sister, asking for an explanation, but since Lilac did it, then there must be a reason. Duke Rosal saw the friendly exchange of the three children, so he urged the twins to help Daisy in familiarizing her temporary home.

As they traversed through the gardens, Lily suddenly felt light headed. Although he did not feel well in the past couple of days, he did not say anything for he believed that the pain would just pass away. Then, his vision started to blur and he did not remember what happened after.

When Lilac was on the topic of flowers with Lily and Daisy, her brother suddenly collapsed. Frightened by what was happening, Daisy started crying and Lilac, trying her best to keep calm, supported half of Lily's body in her arms. Frustrated as she was with her tiny body, she endured. With one arm supporting an unconscious child and one hand holding another shaken girl, she traversed through the rose hedge, not forgetting to continuously yell for help.

It didn't take too long for rescue to come. Though the help was delayed due to the noise from the party, thanks to some people hearing something unusual, they knew that something was indeed happening.

🥀

"I'm sorry to announce, but your son caught the plague in its late stages. To be honest, it was a miracle that he was able to survive. If not for the immediate help, he would've been a goner already." The doctor said. Doctors have light magic which can heal and detect various illnesses, but they were expensive. Duke Rosal, upon hearing that Lily had collapsed immediately called for the family doctor employed under him.

A threatening disease had spread throughout the kingdom. It ran prevalent in public areas and the slums. Lily had probably been infected through the maid who just recently died. What is dangerous about the disease is that the carrier doesn't show any symptoms until the last few stages. It was truly a miracle that Lilac was there when Lily collapsed, else the Lily Rosal in this world would be gone.

🥀

It had been five days since Lily collapsed. Ever since he fainted, he had been in a comatose state. Daisy and Marigold left the estate to prepare for their move while Lilac hadn't seen Duke Rosal ever since the first day.

She would be lying if she'd said that it didn't bother her, but it truly did. In her life as Vivienne, she never felt, nor was treated like this by her own father. Hell, even a simple scratch would guarantee her to a trip in the hospital. That was how over protective her past father was. Lilac was angry at Duke Rosal. Even if he didn't love them, he should try to keep up appearances. Lily was his only heir for god's sake. Not a shadow could be seen form him.

Unable to handle it, for her sake and for her brother's, she ran to her father's study.