“Well, firstly, that’s Melissa, we forgot to introduce her,” I say. The girls immediately apologize for being rude and not asking. “Secondly, would you like to go inside?”

          “First, some pictures,” Kandi says and signals some photographers near.

          We spend ten minutes posing for pictures for the capitol before finally heading inside. The training area to meet the others. Clay is immediately facinated by the styles and accents of Kandi and Honey, but Katya seems to be putting on a persona and acts as if she is nonchalant about the capitol. She just continues throwing knives, which makes the capitol guests feel unpleasant. When Abi and Izzy come out, the stylists seem to turn pale and nervous.

          “The Garder sisters,” Kandi squeaks with a nervous smile.

          “Hello,” Abi politely says, “how are you?”

          “We’re fine,” Honey says and reaches out a hand, that I now see is gloved, “I’m Honicum Kanera, but you can call me Honey or Honey-comb.”

          “And I’m Kandilyn Kanera, but you can call me Kandi Kane,” Kandi spins around again and is back to being hyper.

          “Well you seem sweet and full of fun,” Abi smiles.

          Kandi gasps excitedly. “Thank you,” she squeals as she hugs Abi. She catches sight of Izzy, who is giving her a hard look.

          “Um, hi,” Kandi says in a nervous tone. “How’s it going?”

          When Izzy doesn’t answer, Kandi is even more nervous.

          “Oh I forgot you can’t talk anymore because of...well, you know,” Kandi looks extremely nervous now.

          Izzy pulls out a notepad and pen from her pocket and begins writing she shows the pad to Kandi, who reads it silently and smiles.

          “Aww, thank you,” Kandi stretches out for a hug, but Izzy puts her hand out. “No hug? Okay.”

          “Can we get some shots of you acting completely casual?” One of the camera crew members asks. “It’d really be nice.”

          “That would be lovely,” Honey is beaming a huge smile.

          Without words, everyone just trains. I pick up a bow and arrow and begin firing arrows into practice dummies until they look like pin cushions. I catch a glimps of Kandi who looks as if she’s imagining that the target is an actual person, so I set down the bow.

          “No, don’t stop,” Kandi says as she steps a little closer, “you’re amazing.”

          “Um, thanks,” I say in an unsure tone, and then I think of something. “Wanna give it a shot?”

          “I don’t know,” Kandi shakes her head.

          “Come on,” I say reasurringly, “it’s simple.”

          I hold the bow out to her and she approaches and grabs it feebly with her hands. Her fingernails are painted red and white swirls. “I suppose I could give it a try.”

          I give Kandi an arrow and show her a balanced stance, which seems hard to do since she has on heels. I guide and position her for about a minute before I finally let her go and she fires. It hits at the edge of a dummie and only hangs by skin. She takes another arrow and fires it, but this one hits the abdomen.