Min [growing up]

It's been a year since high school graduation and a lot has changed. Diya didn't try and go pro, but we still play with our whole team. She also became less shy. Akarsha is still reckless but only when Noelle is around. Noelle and I've become friends, believe it or not. I now use the pronouns, they/them/they're, And I've learned that you can't threaten everyone, just because they looked at you funny. Damn mall cop. Anyway, we've all grown...somewhat. Diya and I have two little puppies. Akarsha and Noelle have a cute little hamster...or is it a rodent pig? Never mind that.

Today is my and Diya's fourth anniversary. And it's a BIG one. I've been wanting to do this for a long time and now that we're in a place that allows it... I'm going to propose to her.

"I had everything planned out.
First, We go out to our anniversary dinner. Second, we take the puppies to the dog park. Third, I leave to go to the bathroom Fourth, I have Akarsha and Noelle come with your favorite song playing. Fifth, I never went to the bathroom and was behind them. Sixth, I walk up to you and make you stand up. Seventh, I propose. Eighth, you say yes because you love me. Ninth, All this is happening during the sunset." I explain before getting on one knee.

"And If anything goes wrong...it'll still ask. Because it's the only thing I want in my life. To be married to the most wonderful woman in the world. Diya...I couldn't survive without you... I want you to be with me for life. I need you to be in my life...you make me better. And I have no idea what I would be like if you were never there...and I don't want to think about it...because it's not going to happen. Diya... I love you..." I explained from my whole heart.

"Will you marry me?" I asked as I'm on one knee outside with Akarsha and Noelle beside Diya, music still playing, and I've just let my walls down and I'm very vulnerable. But that's love. Letting yourself be vulnerable in front of the person you want to be with, and giving them all the power over your emotions.

"Min... I love you." She said happily.

"So is that a..?" I asked.

"Yes!" She yelled. I stood up and she pulled me into a deep kiss. I pulled away after a few seconds and put the ring on her finger.

"I love you." She said.

"I love you too," I replied giving her another kiss. Noelle and Akarsha hugged us as we pulled away from the kiss.