Akarsha [ just be us]

I and Noelle are walking to her house from the restaurant alone. I take her hand in mine and lightly squeezed it. Noelle looked at me with a small smile.

"Question," I said trying to start up a conversation.

"No." Noelle protested against it losing her smile

"What do you call someone who loses in chess?" I asked. Noelle pressed her brows together.

"An idiot," she said.

"Nope, a rookie," I smiled watching as she covered her face thinking she was hiding her smile.

"Why." She said almost laughing. She started walking with me in silence hand in hand. I looked down at our hands and smiled. I can't wait for us to get out of our parent's houses and into our own. So we can just be us, and not struggle to keep our parents from murdering us, for being...well, us. We reached the park, which we have to pass through to get to her house. I sat down on a bench and pulled her down with me, so she's sitting on my lap.

"We have to go." She said worriedly

"Nope," I responded giving her a quick kiss on her cheek.

"You're an idiot." She started smiling.

"I'm your idiot," I responded wrapping my arm around her waist

"And I can't get you to leave me alone." She joked.

"Never," I said hiding my face on her back. We soon got up and continued walking to her house. Once we reached the porch I stopped.

"She's met you before and she...didn't, totally want to kill you. We'll be okay." Noelle said, Turing, the doorknob. She opened the door and we walked inside. We could hear faint rustling from the kitchen. Her mom must be starting dinner.

"Noelle, is that you?" Her mom called from another room.

"Yeah. And Akarsha's here to work on that project." She called back. We walked upstairs and to her room. It's pretty bland then the only thing that stands out is her stuffed snake that Diya got her. She's has a bunch of papers taped on her wall and her desk a pencil holder with a calculator beside it. She has a laptop closed in the center of her desk. I've been in here before, but every time it's like I'm stepping into a whole different world.

"What?" Noelle asked as she sat on her bed.

"I think I might be the brightest thing in here," I said smugly.

"Ha, ha." She laughed sarcastically.

"But your the prettiest," I added smirking at her. She froze as the color on her cheeks popped bright pink. She looked down and intertwined her fingers together.

"Aww. I swory." I said babyish getting on both my knees in front of her.

"Did I's enberwis you?" I continued.

"Shut up." She said softly with a chuckle as she pushed me lightly.

"Noooo, you've killed me," I called quietly as I purposely fell over and laid there dead.

"Let's, get started." She said getting off her bed and grabbing her notebook from her book bag.

"Fine," I complained pushing myself up, then getting my things out. We sat down and started our project from science. It's something stupid, that in no way would ever help us in our lives, but the teacher is making us do it anyway.