Diya [ The Future ]

"Min?" I called to her. She looked completely frozen. She didn't move and her mouth was hanging open a little.

"Are you okay?" I asked she looked at me.

"I don't want to die. I'm too young to die, I've got so much to live for." She rambled.

"My dad's going to kill me...my dad is going to fucking kill me." she continued.

"Your parents are gonna kill me." She added.

"Hey, no that's not going to happen," I said trying to calm her down I knew she wouldn't take the news well, but she had to know. She continued to ramble, so I pulled her into a hug. It didn't calm her down as I hoped, but she stopped talking... loudly.

"I'm sorry Diya." She whispered.

"Why?" I asked confused.

"you're going to get in trouble." She replied tightly hugging me.

"I'll be fine," I said. We left the empty classroom and walked home next to each other. We walked quietly to my house. We said goodbye and she continued to her house.

My mom was not home yet so I was in the clear for now. I headed to my room and lay on my bed. I know what's going to happen when my mom gets home. A talk. Meaning I listen to my mom talk. She has never liked Min. She's always thought of her as a disappointment to the Asian-American people. But she's not that at all. She's amazing even if she's violent. That's just how she was raised.

I starred up at the ceiling thinking about everything that has happened in these few months. I love Min no doubt about it, and I know she loves me. But how is any of this going to work with our parents and society? I want to be able to hold her hand in public, but we can't, because of our parents. If anyone ever found out about us. Our parents would rip all of our limbs off with anger, and hate.

We already have a plan for after we turn 18 and graduate. Highschool. All of us are going to leave this town and move somewhere far away. So our parents will never be able to mess with our lives again.