"Who are you?" 

"Me?" 

The guy looked at me with an expression like he didn't know what he should say. 

"Why are you playing with Dongyi?" 

"Huh?" 

Again, the guy didn't speak. That's how I got to talk to the boy. 

"My dad said when he makes a lot of money and we move into a big house, I can have a dog. I'm going to take Dongyi to live with me. Hyung, don't you dare be greedy." He nodded his head and said, "Sounds good." 

"Hyung, do you not have money? So you can't raise a dog?" At my words, he looked at me and asked, 

"Money?" Then he turned his head and answered. "I can't raise a dog." 

"Try begging your dad. My mom says that dads always give in to begging." Hyung just nodded his head while petting Dongyi. He muttered while doing so. 

"That's nice." I asked again, "So, who are you? What's your name?" Hyung didn't look at me, but answered, 

"Me? Kim Seokjin."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Taehyung

29 December, Year 10

I entered the living room after taking off my shoes and dropping my bag, and my dad was inside. I didn't think of how long it had been since I last saw him, or where he had been. I just ran into his embrace. I can't recall clearly what happened afterward. Did I first smell the alcohol, hear him curse at me, or get slapped by him? It didn't know what was actually happening. He reeked of alcohol, his breathing was rough and he had foul breath. His eyes were bloodshot and his beard was unkempt. Then he used his big hand to hit me, asked me what I was looking at, and hit me again. Then he lifted me high up in the air. Although his bloodshot eyes were scary, I couldn't cry because I was too scared.

That was not my dad. No, he was, but he didn't feel like it. I kicked my leg in the mid-air. In the next moment, my head hit the wall and I fell to the floor.

I felt like my head was going to explode.

My sight became blurry and gradually darkened, and all I could hear in my mind was my dad's breathing.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jimin

6 April, Year 11

I walked out the entrance of the arboretum alone. The weather was cloudy and a bit cold, but it still felt good. Though it was picnic day, my parents were still busy. So, in the beginning, I was a bit sad. But in the flower drawing competition, I received a compliment, my friends' mums said that I was dependable. And so from then, I thought I was a bit cooler.

"Jimin-ah, wait here. The teacher will come soon." After the picnic, as we were to leave the arboretum, the teacher warned me but I did not wait. I was confident I could do it alone.

I grabbed onto the straps of my backpack tightly with both hands and I walked purposefully. It felt like everyone was staring at me so I straightened my shoulders more. This was a long time after the rain had started falling. My friends and their mums had already gone, there was nobody to look after me, and my legs hurt. I used my backpack to cover my head and I crouched down under a tree. The rain fell harder and there were no people that walked past. In the end, I ended up running through the rain. I could not see a house or shop. And the place I arrived at was the back entrance of the arboretum. The side gate was open, and I could see something like a storage space within it.