Chapter 11

Katniss

I wake up and reach for Peeta's warmth but find the other side of the big bed empty. I lift my head and groan a little as I feel the residual pain from the miscarriage. I look around the room and take a deep breath as the fact that that I'm sleeping with a man who can swing a penthouse suite bigger than the house I grew up in for two weeks.

He always paid, but it never occurred to me that Peeta was rich. He's just not the type. I know the type who like to flash theur money because they know how it draws in the desperate. But he has happily sat in those cheap motels with me for over a month. And I can't complain about that.

I also won't complain about him pampering me either.

"You sleep alright?" Peeta ask as he comes out of the bathroom I sit up and shrug.

"Well enough," I say. "I'm a little hungry though." He comes over and sits on the bed. I get up and sling my arms over his shoulders.

"It'll be up in a few minutes," he says.

"I'm happy you're still here," I say. "And not just because you treat me like I'm worth a lot more than I know I am. Although that is a bonus."

"You are worth every penny, Sweetheart," Peeta whispers in my ear, kissing my hand and a  I smile at him.

"You try too hard, Lover Boy," I say and he chuckles.

"Well, I've got to keep myself under your spell," he says and I chuckle.

"Peeta, Peeta, Peeta," I chide. "I might as well be your girlfriend. You've got me here. Now what do you plan on doing about it."

"But are you my girlfriend?" He asks and I move so I'm facing him.

"Do you want me to be?" I ask.

"Yeah," he says.

"Well then I am," I say. "Because if we were just friends, this whole situation would be very odd at this point." Peeta laughs and kisses me softly.

"Well then I should take you out then," he says. "Maybe a dinner and a movie." I nod and smile.

"Maybe," I say. "We could also just go out dancing."

"We have plenty of time for all of it, Katniss," Peeta says. He gets up and goes to the door to retrieve our breakfast as a ring comes from the door. I stand up and straighten up the old tshirt of Peeta's I had worn to bed. I grab a piece of toast and walk over to the fridge to get a drink. "What do you want to do first?"

"How about we just see what happens," I say. "Just take a walk and see where we end up." Peeta nods and I plop back down on the bed.

"Well then go get dressed and we'll head out," Peeta says and I frown.

"I don't have a whole lot of clothes," I say. "Definately not nice clothes." Peeta looks sympatheticly at me and just grabs a sandwich of his own.

"Just get out what you have and we can find you something in town today," he says. I roll my eyes and get up.

"Really?" I say. "You can't just spend all your father's money on me just because I'm a starving artist."

"Its my money, Katniss," he says. "My share of my father's company going into the account once a week like clockwork. I can spend it how I please and you've worked harder than I have and haven't a lot to show for it. Let me give you what you deserve."

"Fine," I say. "But you are not going to be unreasonable with that money today. Only a few small things. Then we'll find something to do that does spend every last drop of this bottomless pit you just revealed to me." He nods and I go over to the bathroom where my suitcase is and dig out the blue and black dress I was wearing the night Peeta first told me he loved me. I slip it on seeing as its my only real nice piece of clothing. I pull up the zipper at the side and straighten the wrinkled ruffles and apply a soft line to my eyes before walking out into the living quarters.