CHAPTER NINETEEN

Assalamualaikum my beloved readers!

Sab se pehle, belated Ramadan Mubarak to all!

Second, here's your much awaited chapter. I think it has many surprises you all will be very happy with ;)

I apologize for the long waits in between the chapters, but I have just finished my 12th standard board exams and graduation formalities. Yet I am now being sucked into a whirlpool of college responsibilities now. It is hard to find time to write, especially because most of my chapters tend to have 8000+ words and I find myself with major writer's block. So thank you for your patience.

Here's a new cover:

Comment and vote to keep me motivated ;)

Enjoy the chapter!

Dil thaam lo ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sakinah's POV

I didn't sleep at all that night.

Not for a single moment.

I sat with my knees pulled up to my chest and my arms wrapped around them, repeating Parveen Aunty's words in my mind, seeing the night we ran away from home flash before my eyes.

"Ayaan." I whispered harshly, shaking the sleeping boy. He was snoring softly, a peaceful look on his young, teenager face. His eyebrow furrowed, but he didn't awaken. "Ayaan!"

His eyes opened slightly. Noticing a shadow looming over him, he sat up straight in bed, muscles tensing. He recognized it was me and relaxed slightly, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes.

"Kya hua Aapi?" He whispered back, voice slightly hoarse. His wide eyes were looking up at me expectantly. There was a strange, innocent maturity hidden in those depths; eyes that had seen too much, and yet, had seen nothing at all. I almost cringed back, hoping he couldn't see the bruises and cuts on my face in the dark, even through the hasty concealer I'd slapped on a few minutes back.

"Hamara plan yaad hai na?" In his sleepy state, my words didn't seem to register with him, but once they clicked, all traces of sleep and lethargy vanished. He quickly scrambled out of bed, standing with me.

"Haan Aapi, yaad hai."

"Okay, main Rizwan aur Sabrina ko jaga deti hoon. Tum jaa kar jaldi se apna saamaan pack kar lo. Pack light, only take things you need." I instructed in a low tone before moving to the other side of the room when Sabrina and Rizwan were cuddled into each other. It was better to keep my hands busy, instead of thinking about the disgusting and horrific events that had taken place tonight.

I had wrapped my dupatta around my shoulders in such a way that my neck and everything below it was covered completely, especially the vast expanse of bandages covering my back and the torn fabric of my kurta.