Forming Friendships

Cheryl ate lunch in the auditorium with Kevin and Betty Cooper. While Betty and Cheryl were not that close, they were friends through Kevin and they got along. Jughead, Betty's boyfriend who Cheryl had only met a few times was eating with the other serpents somewhere in the school. The brown haired girl was currently going over her math homework while Kevin and Betty were talking about something she couldn't hear.

They must have thought that Cheryl was paying attention because soon Betty turned to her and asked, "What do you think Cheryl?"

Cheryl quickly looked up from the logarithmic equations on the paper below her and felt heat rushing to her face and felt embarrassed when she had to ask, "I'm sorry, what?" she said, "I didn't hear you," Betty gave Kevin a look before replying, "I asked what you thought about the serpents transfering to Riverdale," 

"Oh," Cheryl said, feeling relief flow through her though she did not really know what she was so relieved about. Anyway she just felt calmer, "I think their nice, at least the ones I've met are. Thought I'm pretty sure that they don't like me that much considering I'm a Blossom and all." Kevin laughed and gave her a strange look that she didn't know the meaning of, "Yes, I'm sure that Toni girl hates you," He said sarcastically, earning a surprised look from Betty as she looked at both Cheryl and Kevin for more explanation. 

"Oh do tell," She managed to say as she looked at the two.

Cheryl shrugged nervously, not really sure what Kevin was talking about, "I have no idea," She said as she looked back down at her notes. "Sure you do," Kevin said, almost as if he didn't understand what she meant by not having any idea what he meant. When Cheryl gave him a blank stare in return his smile faded, "You really don't?!"Cheryl tensed up at the sudden yell that came from Kevin, "I'm sorry," she said, "Your just going to have to be a bit more clear what it. That girl just tolerates me and only because she was hanging out with her friend who happens to have a crush on you." Kevin gave her a knowing look, "She thought you were cute, I can tell these things," Betty gave Cheryl a smile. "Well, I'm not surprised that Cheryl's caught as someone's eye. What's their name again?" 

Cheryl tried to stop Kevin from saying Toni's name again, diving at him and yelling, "No, no, no," Though she did so in a friendly and playful way. Unfortunately Cheryl wasn't fast enough and Kevin managed to yell out, "Toni Topaz," just as Cheryl covered his mouth, only seconds too late. Cheryl's shoulders slumped in defeat as Betty let out a laugh because of the duo's antics. Once Betty thought about it, she hadn't seen Cheryl like this ever and this was most certainly most that she had ever heard the girl speak. "I've met her before, real nice and great skill with her powers," Betty added on. "Force Fields if I remember right, she know all the tricks on how to use them." 

Kevin nodded as Cheryl removed her hand from his mouth and allowed him to speak again, "Toni actually used them this morning to stop a paper ball from hitting Cheryl," he said matter-of-factly and then he added, "Like a knight in shining armour," in a lovey dovey voice. Cheryl hit him in the shoulder playfully, "Ow," he said, thought it was in an over dramatic voice, "Your lucky that I can heal myself missy,"

The brown haired girl rolled her eyes before moving back over to where her math homework and math notes lay on the ground. She resumed her studying though she couldn't get what Kevin said out of her head. Did Toni really think that she was cute, Cheryl of all people to be axact. Surely she didn't, but Clearly couldn't help but wish she did.
. . .

Toni sat outside near the football fields with the rest of the serpents. They weren't going to sit in the cafeteria with everyone who hated them and because the school allowed the students to eat really wherever they wanted, they had decided to eat outside. It was sunny for the first time in weeks too, so it was really nice. Toni had Jughead on one side of her and Fangs on the other, Sweat Pea sat across from them talking to someone about who knows what.