Day 0: Projects & Partners

Start from the beginning

People started giggling around the classroom, and Mr. Jameson walked back to his desk, picking up a notepad. "I have the list of partners here."

Everyone quieted down, waiting for the names.

"Jackson and Daisy are together, Ethan and Julia, Damien and Phillip, you two have fun by the way." Mr. Jameson smiled at Damien. "Do all the consummating you please."

Laughter.

"Dawn and Daryll are together, ..."

I didn't hear the rest of the names as I turned to Daryll, hi-fiving him as we smiled.

"We are going to be the best damn couple out there." I told him.

"Damn right we are, can we name the baby Emily?" He asked.

I laughed, nodding.

"...and since we have an odd number there is one kid left out, Mr. Evans." Mr. Jameson finished. "Mr. Evans, what would you like to do?"

Everyone in the class turned to Lane who was leaning back in his chair and he shrugged. "Let me be a single dad, the ladies love it."

A few girls around the classroom giggled, I raised my eyebrows at him, and he looked over winking at me which just made me chuckle.

"A single dad..." Mr. Jameson thought about it, before nodding. "Why the hell not, there are all different kinds of families, so I'll see you all tomorrow, get ready, because these two weeks are not going to be easy."

Seat started to scrape the floor as kids got up to leave the classroom.

I turned to Daryll, grinning so wide I thought it would split my face in half. "We're going to have such a great time!"

"I know right? I'm surprised we got put together." He said.

"I'm not, I just know we'll be great parents."

Daryll threw his arm over my shoulder. "We're gonna raise the shit out of that baby."

                           *     -     *     -     *

I walked up to the bus the next day, waiting for Daryll so we could get on the bus to the apartments. I could feel all the other student buzzing with excitement and I was too.

Two weeks with one of my best friends and we could basically do whatever we wanted?

That sounded pretty damn good to me.

I tapped Mr. Jameson on the shoulder. "Hey, have you seen Daryll around anywhere, he should be here by now."

Mr. Jameson looked down at his papers, looking for something. "Right, um...Mr. Smithson won't be able to join us today, he was pulled out last minute for family matters."

"Family matters?" I repeated.

 Mr. Jameson nodded.

I immediately got worried, because I feel like Daryll would have told me about something like this.

Right then, Lane walked up behind me and smiled at Mr. Jameson, grabbing baby from the basket.

"Wait, Mr. Evans, as it turns out, Miss Caparelli here doesn't have a partner now."

Lane looked from me to Mr. Jameson. "So...?"

"So, it looks like you're not going to be a single dad after all."

                           *     -     *     -     *

Hey guys,

I can't believe it's finally up, but this book is a spin-off of How To Love A Bad Boy. It uses a few characters from that book [mostly Lane, but Janey and Colton will be in it too, and you can go to external link if you want to read HTLABB] Even though this is a spin-off book, you don't have to read the other book to understand it. Also, this will be posted in BOTH Dawn and Lane's POVs (switched every 2-4 chapters).

Dedicated to Naja [xPureChances], and if you liked it, voting and fanning would be a great step 2

UPDATE: The spin off of this book is called Freshman Orientation and it's on my profile if you want to read it when you finish this:)

much love,

Zee xx