Day 0: Projects & Partners

Start from the beginning

"Because, 'I'm Dawn Caparelli and I have the potential of thousands'." I said, mimicking my father.

He nodded slowly, "Right..."

I hit his arm lightly. "You know I do, clearly I'm fucking awesome, so..."

"Clearly." He agreed.

Then Mr. Jameson, our home ec teacher, walked into the classroom, putting down his briefcase, he turned to us and smiled.

"Class, it's that time of year." He said.

"What time of year?" Daryll called out mockingly.

Mr. Jameson rolled his eyes, "It is your final assignment for this class before graduation, or as I like to call it; Baby Project 2.0."

"Oooh." A few of the students murmured, feeding Mr. Jamesons need for theatrics.

"Not only will this project prepare you for how to take care of a baby, it will also prepare you for how to be in a real marriage."

Marriage.

Cool.

"So every group will get one baby and one baby alone, the baby will be given to you with a point score on the back of his or her neck and that score will be a 100. Every time you drop, forget to change, leave out in the cold, or fight in front of this baby, it will lose points."

"What if you and your beloved partner are consummating the marriage?" Damien, a guy in the class asked.

Mr. Jameson raised an eyebrow at him.

Damien held up his hands in defense. "What? If we're going to be in a real marriage, then we need to do real marriage things."

"First of all Mr. Samuels, you have a baby, therefore your marriage has already been consummated. And secondly, I am not the person you should have said that to, but don't worry, I'm going to try broaden my horizons."

"What does that mean?" Damien asked.

"It means, we should be inclusive of all types of marriage and you're going to be a good example, our first homosexual marriage."

Damien's jaw dropped. "N-No, come on Mr. J, I was just joking, I respect all the rules!"

"Stop talking and maybe I'll change my mind." Mr. Jameson said

Damien looked hopeful. "Really?"

"No." Mr. Jameson said, shaking his head, causing the whole class to erupt into laughter, and a pink tinge to graze Damien's cheeks.

"Now class, this is not only about your marriage, it is also about sustaining a family, meaning you will have to buy your own food and necessities for your apartment. Electric and water bills will be paid, but nothing else. You will all be given enough money to last you a few days, but it will not be enough for the whole two weeks, that is why you will need jobs."

Groans ensued throughout the class.

"We have an agreement with Warner's Development Inc. meaning that there will be mock jobs available for half of you. One partner in each marriage will need to get a job so that they can be paid and you and your family don't starve. The interviews will open from Saturday until the end of the time, you can go anytime you want, but the earlier you go, the better jobs are available, and the better jobs available, the more money you make. You want to make more money, trust me." He said.

"What kind of jobs will be available?" I asked.

"Well Miss Caparelli, everything from CEOs to janitors, so be proactive or else you might end up cleaning the bathroom the person next to you shits in."