Chapter 42 ~ Who are you?

Start from the beginning

And then there was me, and knowing there was nothing left to do with my life and that I was indeed dead meat at the verge of being put over the fire, I decided before my upcoming death I would do something with my life. And that was save Val. And kill Less.

 ** CAITLYNN'S POV **

It had been quite a while since I last saw Matthew, but his brokenhearted expression didn't fail once to pop up in my head when I least needed it to. The way his lips would curl up into a cheeky smile every time I made a smart-ass comment; the way his smile would be rather sheepish when he tried to start a fire expertly but failed miserably. I just missed him so much. I couldn't bear it, but I knew my pride wouldn't exactly be too happy with me if I went crawling back to him.

I remember seeing his face through the door-frame a couple of hours back, when I had woken up in the middle of my deep slumber only to be welcomed back to reality by those brown eyes that had been haunting my dreams since the day I met him. I hadn't gone back to sleep then, rubbing my eyes and convincing myself I was dreaming, even though part of me knew I wasn't. 

It might seem silly, but since that moment in which my eyes met his, I hadn't moved from my little camp in this room, always alert but unwilling to keep going with my journey, knowing if he wanted to he knew where to find me, which was what part of me so desperately wanted for him to do. Find me, and drop to his knees with a dozen flowers and apologize. But who was I kidding? We were stuck in this dirty hole with the one goal to survive until who knows when and I was expecting him to apologize? I was just daydreaming from the lack of sleep, I assumed. Where would he get flowers from anyways? Confusedly pushing  the thoughts aside to allow proper thinking to take place in my crowded head, I forced myself to stand up, scanning the perimeter for predators.

None in sight. I sighed. 

 ** MATTHEW'S POV **

Her beautiful golden hair rested peacefully on her shoulders as she played with her thumbs, her back pressed against the wall and her head tilted to the side staring off into the distance of the dark room. She looked to gorgeous, and it killed me that I was the cause of her unhappiness. 

The flashback of the night I found her deep in the land of dreams crawls back into my head, causing goosebumps to reach the surface of my skin and make me shudder. Did she remember I was there when all of a sudden she woke up and our eyes met? What does she think of me now if she does remember? What if she thinks I'm a creepy stalker? What will I do then? She is the only person I think I have feelings for, and whatever those feelings are, they're getting stronger every second, and I'm not sure if I should be happy, glad, or afraid... I'm going for the third one, because it's how I feel right now. But giving her a second look, and examining her flawless face, I think I'm none of those, I'm rather desperate. Desperate to hold her in my arms and apologize until she forgives me. I want to get out of here and buy her flowers, drop to my knees and beg for forgiveness in the most romantic, cliche way. I think I know what those feelings are. 

Because I think I'm in love with her.

 ** THIRD PERSON ** (A/N I never did third person before so err... I don't know...)

Caitlynn looked once again all around the room, and when her eyes finally met the person she so much longed to see, she couldn't help but let a small smile slide up onto the face Matthew claimed to be flawless and beautifully perfect. She quickly recovered, though, and went into instant panic-mode at the sound that signalled the most dreadful event. There has been a death. When another one of the loud signals echoed through the thick air, Caitlynn found herself in a situation she knew would only be escaped and fixed by confronting the person in front of her and running together towards the sound.