Chapter 7~ Allies and Killers

No matter how badly I wanted to burst into tears, they wouldn't come. All afternoon and evening I had been walking around hopelessly, listening to the death announcer come on now and then. I felt as if I was doomed, I had no allies--at least they were nowhere to be seen-- and no friends anywhere close. But who were my friends after all? The people I used to know from school probably wouldn't think twice before killing me. 

Seconds turned into minutes and minutes turned into hours. Hours of walking nonstop, carrying with me the blame of being there when my best friend was dying and not doing anything about it. Another non-surprising death announcement filled the air, and I was getting used to them by now. One of those will belong to your death... I thought to myself. I used to be fine with the idea of dying in the games, I knew I was going to die even after the roomscapes anyway, so really, it didn't matter to me... But now, now that I'm experiencing the games, now that I saw Iyan die, his eyes glassy and his face pale, looking for ways to breathe, to survive... I just didn't feel the same way about it. I didn't. So to just keep my head out of all of it, I kept walking, I just walked to nowhere with my head up and my posture straight, I was going to do this, even if I died, I would still get revenge. I didn't care that the person who killed him was my ally. I didn't care that she must be sorry. I knew what I was going to do. I was going to find her. And kill her.

As the sky started to darken, I felt my eyes getting dry, and my mouth begging for liquid. I quickly glanced around to see if anyone was nearby and as soon as my gaze met a door, I was off running. What are you doing?  I asked myself, trying to stop. A loud noise interrupted my thinking and I swiftly turned around and aimed at wherever the sound came from with my bow. I stayed like that for a couple of seconds, and soon enough another loud sound emerged from the bushes, this time followed by the death announcer. I panicked. After a couple of seconds had gone by, I caught gaze of someone walking slowly out of the bushes. His face was covered in blood, and so was his suit. By the way he held his axe and a grin was spread along his face, I knew the blood was clearly not his. This made me panic even more. Should I kill him? What if I miss? What if he's one of my allies? I tried to process everything and remember every name on my list of three allies. They were: Nicole, #12, Angel, #7, Adriana #21. The guy from the bushes didn't look like a girl , so he wasn't Nicole or Adriana, and he didn't look like an Angel, so he wasn't him either. Before I could decide weather to kill him or not, he looked my way, holding a bow on his hands, ready to aim. But so was I. And I held up my bow, aimed at him, and before I had the guts to let go, I heard the death announcer, and he fell to the ground. What? He was just grinning and ready to kill me, and he just died out of nowhere? As if by magic, the answer to my question was once again right in front of me, because as his dead corpse collapsed, hitting the ground, another figure stood right behind him, looking right at me. And this time I knew who it was. I knew who killed the guy. It was the #2 guy, Parker.