Chapter 42 ~ Who are you?

(A/N: I should've said this before but POV= Point of View. Love you <3)

Status: Proofread, Edited

(Parker on the side)

Read on:

<&>

**Nicole's POV**

My scream echoed through the air, and whilst only feeling pain all over my body I managed to pull out the knife that had dug into my leg. Without going deep into details about the wound, I would describe it as a big red mess that hurt like a Less. If you know what I mean.

80 milliseconds was all I needed. I knew it would be hard to get those milliseconds, since I had a deadly killer holding a bloody knife they managed to snatch from my fragile hands right in front of my harmed body that could only perform so much to keep it from collapsing into the hole of the dead. Part of me knew I was doomed and only the most powerful one of miracles could save me, but another part of me was willing to believe if I stayed strong for just a little while longer, I could make it through and conserve-- in the end-- my leftover life. 

Let's just say I realized both sides were correct a couple of seconds later, since it was a miracle that gave me the chance, and my strength the one that would have to take advantage of it.

"You're coming with me!" Was all I heard as Less's face turned towards the two humans only feet away from us. My head followed the direction of the sound, and my bare eyes could not believe what they were witnessing once they did, but I was strong enough to fight off the urge to watch the scene before my eyes that I knew never again would repeat itself. With everything in me I pushed myself off the floor and balanced my weight on my unharmed leg. Less's eyes hadn't yet been pried off of Jordyn and Shane, and I took that fact as a chance to grab the hand in which she held the knife and out of my fastest instincts bite it. Hard. I felt the sour taste of acid entering my mouth, and fought the urge to gag at the fact her blood was in my system now. A high pitched scream was heard from her as she threw a punch at my bruised face. Falling to the ground with a bloody mouth and purple face, I realized I at least had gotten hold of the knife, but of course like every situation I had been through in the past months, the triumphal act had its consequences. Less was fuming mad, her face redder than anything I've ever seen, and her hands curled into fists by her sides, pressed so hard together her knuckles were turned visibly yellow, allowing a better view of the red sticky liquid emerging from her claw-like cuts I had proudly caused.

Out of the blue and well invited jumped out Cameron, pushing an angry Less towards the war ground and pinning her still whilst she threw animal-like punches his direction, them all so fast and furious to the point they no longer met his face, but rather were thrown into thin air, hurting no one and only making her anger towards the survivors even worse than it was seconds ago-- which seemed to be --but in fact wasn't-- just plain impossible.

Just when I thought I would stay unnoticed by Less for a while more, her cold eyes met mine, and I could assure if looks were to kill, I would be deep in my grave, in a coffin, with lifeless opened eyes staring off into the distance.

It looked like she had stopped her punching fit, but I was terrified by the fact I knew exactly what her first goal would be once-- and if-- she was let free. I tried looking into Cameron's eyes for any sign of pity or forgiveness, but it seemed extremely hard to do so whilst having an ice cold pair of brown orbs digging holes in my skin, their owner wishing with all her soul I was dead. Pushing the thoughts out of my head, I forced my eyes to scan the room for any signs of more danger-- even though with Less alone we had plenty of danger and a titanic amount of surplus-- finding only the human bodies of Jordyn and Shane on top of one another, Cameron and Less fighting like there was no tomorrow, and-- oh my bloody god --  a very bloody Valentina being pinned against a wall with Parker holding  a knife to her neck, if not killing her probably trying to gain information from her.