Upside Down Girl

Start bij het begin

 "He is smitten." Paul said getting up and sitting down in Ringo's seat, "And he might like Layla a little bit as well." 

 John laughed and adjusted his sunglasses, "Good lord it's hot out here." He said pulling his white t shirt off. George saw some girls lowering their sunglasses to look at him. George was surprised they hadn't been mobbed by fans yet. 

 "It's much better in the shade." A voice said. George looked over next to him at the upside down girl. She peaked one eye open at him and she smiled. He smiled to himself and repeated her words to John. John then stood up, finding it a good idea. 

"I should find a telephone anyway." he said, "Gotta call Mandy back home." He smiled fondly to himself and walked off. John had a long time girlfriend called Amanda Peyton who was a model. Her fame was rising rapidly and she'd been in Paris for the last six weeks. The day she returned home was the middle of the Beatles' American tour, so John had yet to see her since she left. 

 "Alright" Paul said smiling, "Tell her we said hello." 

 John nodded and walked off to find a phone. George sighed. He never could keep a girlfriend for very long. Paul couldn't either really, but he always seemed to have a girl. George rarely ever did. 

 "George can I have my seat back?" Layla asked holding a drink with a straw in it. She sipped at it and George got up. 

 "Yeah sure." He said. He moved his legs to stand up, but Layla sat at the end of the seat. She crossed her legs and sat facing him. "Where's John and Ringo?" 

 "Ringo went swimming," George said nodding to the drummer splashing Lucy.

 "And John went to call his girlie." Paul said rolling his eyes. Layla giggled and smirked. 

 "They're a pretty cute couple." She said scrunching her nose up. George thought she looked an awful lot like Lucy when she did that. "Welp, Johnny's in a serious relationship, I've snagged up Richie, we all know Paulie will never settle for just one girl, so George..." George raised his eyebrows at her.

 "Why do you say so George like that?" He asked laughing at her. 

 "So what about you?" She asked nudging his knee. She was just dying to play match maker for someone. It was her specialty, and she'd told them that when they all met her. 

 "What about me, Layla?" He asked taking his sunglasses off. He wiped the sweat from his nose and set them on a table next to him. She nudged him again and waggled her eyebrows. He looked at her with confusion and she groaned, shoving his shoulder.

 "You can't honestly tell me you aren't interested in having a family." She said rolling her brown eyes, "Really, you have a huge family, wouldn't you like to have one of your own?" 

 "I do have one of my own." George laughed, "I've got me mum and me dad and me sister and me two brothers!" Layla shook her head and sighed.

 "You know I didn't mean that." She said, "I mean, don't you want to get married and have kids? Maybe get a dog?" 

 "How can you be so set on having a family, even after it didn't work for you the first time?" George wasn't trying to sound harsh. He was actually laughing as he said it. Thankfully, Layla didn't take it that way. She giggled and shrugged.

 "I do have a family in my own little way. I have my Lucy, and I've got Ringo now." She shrugged and George shook his head.

 "You're crazy." He said teasingly, "You're crazy, and Ringo's crazy for lovin' ya!" Layla laughed and shoved his again.