Happy Birthday

Nassiha

"OW!" I scream in the middle of the night. "SHIT!!!!! WHAT THE HELL IS HAPPENING?!"

"Babe, babe, babe! What's going on? Is everything okay? Shit, we need a doctor!" Soren runs out to get a doctor. I hear an angry Soren threaten someone to help me. I would roll my eyes, but this pain is killing me! GODDAMN!

A few minutes later, a doctor comes back with Soren. "What seems to be the problem?" he asks. I just groan in pain. "Okay, okay. Lift your legs for me? Just like that; thank you. Oh, I see. Your contractions have started, Ms. Clarke; the babies are coming tonight."

Soren

"TONIGHT?!"

"Shh, babe. Shut up. I can't focus on your outbursts and on this pain at the same time."

"Shit; sorry baby."

"Do you want any drugs? There is a small window between when we can give you an epidural and we need to make a decision within the next ten minutes," the doctor says, worriedly.

"NO DRUGS!" We both yell at the same time.

"I ain't no bitch," Nettie chuckles, then winces in pain.

"Alright. Well, you are about 4 centimeters dilated so I will get a team ready and will be back shortly, Make sure to breathe and, please, let me know if you want that epidural."

The next two hours were the worst for me. I've never seen my love in this much pain and it is breaking my heart. I can just sit and wait for her to tell me what she needs.

Another hour passes and the doctor finally says, "Alright, it's time to push. You're ten centimeters dilated and it is time to push. Mr. Battaglia, do you want to be here? Maybe hold her hand?"

I go over to Nettie and I get down on my knees. "You got this, baby. You are the strongest woman I know. Now, I can't wait to see my babies. You have to push. We are so close to meeting our babies. You got this. Now, gimme kiss." She looks into my eyes and starts to kiss me, right before letting out a blood-curdling scream. "Oops, sorry, sorry. We'll kiss after. Now, push!"

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

"One more push!"

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

"The baby is crowning! You got it! One more big push for me!"

(Come on, baby. You got this)

I hear a cry a few seconds later. "The first one is a boy! Do you want to cut the cord?" the doctor asks me.

I see Nettie shake her head no. "Actually, we are keeping the placenta attached. It's in our file."

"Ah yes. I remember now." He places the baby on Nettie's belly and proceeds to have her push twice more. "It's another boy!" the doctor says over my second son's screams. "You're almost there, ma'am! One more big push for me!"

A few minutes later, my daughter is born. All three of my children are placed in the same hospital bassinet and their placentae are placed in another, one for each of them. Our three-lotus birth babies. I look to Nettie and she looks so tired. I kiss her forehead and lightly kiss her lips. I am bursting with so much pride that I don't hear the doctor's question.

"Could you repeat that, please?" I say while staring intently at all four of my babies, three of them freshly cleaned and swaddled.

"Do we have names for the babies, yet?" he repeats.

"Yes. Yes, we do."

Ladies and Gents, I am happy to introduce our children:

Leo Azai (4:52am)

Valerio Kawan (5am)

Reina Calliope (5:07am)

Last name: Battaglia, of course.

I'd talk to you more, but Reina has started crying. I think she's hungry.

This will be a challenge.

I hand her the baby, careful not to wake the others or stretch the umbilical cord too much. It takes her a few tries for her to latch, but she gets it soon. I smile with pride and I hand Nettie her pump. The others will be hungry soon and she only has room for two.

While she pumps I take pictures of the babies and of Nettie breastfeeding and send it to the family group chat

*Group Chat*

Soren: So..... A thing happened!"

As soon as I sent it, a flood of texts and calls came.

I chuckle. It's going to be a long day.