We Found Her

Two months later

Nettie
We've been home for a month now. Luis is doing better. We stayed til he got out of the hospital. Now he's back and we had a quick meeting.

Flashback
"Ok, folks. The Russians must pay for putting me in the hospital. I hear we already have a plan in place," Luis began.
"Yeah. We're going to have a decoy and she is going to lure them in. Originally, it was going to be Nephthys, but considering her current pregnant condition, we have to find someone else."
"So are we holding auditions or what? And wait a minute, Princess wasn't going anywhere so that was never an option. Next!" He says.
"Alriiiiight. So, uhh, I was hoping we could pay someone who knows about the Mafia but isn't in it so that they won't get suspicious."
"Hmm," Luis thinks. "I might have just the person. I'll let you know. Now, when are you planning on going home?"
(Pops looks around) "I mean, we planned on staying for a while -"
"No thank you. You all will leave tomorrow. Believe me, I loved having you guys around to help and shit, but I got things to take care of. I'll call y'all later."
Flashback over

Like I said, that was a month ago. What is new? Well, I quit my job. Alfie basically forced me. Speaking of, he's right here. He's spending some time with me while Soren makes honest money, whatever that is.
"Hey, so do you have any weird cravings yet and shit? Like pickles and fucking peanut butter or like pineapples on pizza or some weird shit?" Alfie asks after he comes out of my kitchen.
"First off, nigga, I would never eat pickles even if this baby was craving it. Secondly, pineapples on pizza is the shit, especially with Alfredo sauce, extra cheese, and chicken. Don't play with me," I laugh.

"Whatever, best friend. What movie are we poppin in?" He asks.
Now, before y'all get annoying and hit me with the "I thought Soren was your best friend" shit, you can have more than one best friend, ya know. Alfie has been my brother forever. Yes, I called Soren my brother too, but don't nobody want Alfie. Kidding, he's cute but I never looked at him like that. Soren and Alfie are inseparable and Soren and I are inseparable so it was about time. That's all I'm gonna say about that.
"Whatever movie you want, best friend. Oh! Let's watch Ride Along 2." I say.

He chuckles and puts the movie in. I take his popcorn and cuddle close to him.

Alfie
What's poppin???!! I'm your favorite Italian! ThaKidd finally gave me my own POV. GOOD LOOK, Jeff!

Anyway, y'all better not get reckless about me and NettyBetty. I'm not secretly in love with her or anything like that. That's just my nigga. At the end of the day, that's my nigga. And yes, I can say that cause my best friend is black.
Moving on, we have movie day once a week. Soren is usually here but he's at work, I guess. Hold on, y'all. My phone is ringing.
Caller ID: Baby 💙😍💍👑💋
*sniff, sniff*
-Baby?
-*sobs*
- Hey, hey. Babe. What's wrong? (Nettie, get up. It's Mia)
(What's wrong with her?)
(I have no clue)
-Didididid you know about this?
-About what, baby?
-About the decoy for the Russians!
-Yeah? Why are you upset about that?
-.....
-Mia!!
-I'm the decoy, you dumbass!
-Excuse me?
-Yeah. My parents just got off the phone with Luis and I'm the fucking decoy!!
-Fuck! Baby, baby, baby, it's ok. It's ok. Shit, are you coming to America or....?
-Yeah. I'm being shipped off tomorrow.
-Fuck. It's ok, baby. I'll be at the airport. I'll take care of you, baby. We got this, ok? I'm gonna go figure this out. I'll talk to you later, baby, ok? I love you.
-*sniff* I love you, baby. I'll see you tomorrow.
End of Conversation

Shit!
"HEY! What's going on?" NettyBetty asks.
"Mia's the decoy," I say sadly.
"You mean the decoy?"
I nod. Y'all got it: the love of my life, my Greek girlfriend, the girl I want to keep as far away from this Mafia shit as possible, is the decoy. There's nothing I can do about it. Luis has already made up his mind.

Nettie
"Baby, come home" I say to Soren on FaceTime. "Alfie needs you."
"Is he ok?" Soren asks.
I shake my head. "Mia's the decoy."
"Mia Nephele Xandria Christopoulos?" He asks.
I nod. "Yeah."
"Shit! I'm on my way," he says before he hangs up.

Soren
Alfie must be pissed off right now. Y'all know how upset I was when Nettie volunteered. But this is different; to know your grandfather picked out your girlfriend to be the decoy that will go up against out nemesis must be rough. And Alfie has a temper. I gotta get home!

A/N: took me a little more time to update this chapter. Everything I thought of was not working out. But I think I got it.
There will be a Mia and Alfie Spinoff. It'll probably happen before the next update and it'll start from the phone call. So, the book will be full of flashbacks since we don't know anything about her or Alfie, really. But thanks for waiting and I will be back soon!
Namaslay, folks!
❤️, Jeff ThaKidd