Lyv found herself curling up into his chest, pressing her face against his neck to breath him in.  "You're welcome.  I don't know when he's going to wake up, though.  The venom...it was close.  I missed some, too, so we had another scare around midnight."

"And you didn't sound the alarm?"

"I didn't feel the need to.  I had it under control."  She pulled back...and went back for the bacon.  "How are your parents coping?  And Eamon and Laurel?  They were still in tears when they left last night."

Destan nodded, looking at her differently then, and curled the end of her messy braid around his finger.  "They're all still asleep, but they'll probably spend all day in here with him.  Before Jai left for Eld...well, he didn't leave on the best of terms with everyone.  He didn't even say goodbye once he'd gotten his orders to go."

"I remember you saying you didn't have the best of relationships with him."

"Well, that's got to change, especially now that we almost lost him."

Destan let her have some time to eat as he sat beside his older brother and watched him.  She was watching the two of them, though, especially now that there wasn't chaos around and only peace.  And she couldn't get over the fact at how alike yet different they were in looks.  And while her feelings were growing for Destan...

"When do you think he will wake?" Destan asked, looking over at her as she munched on her bacon.  "Any time soon?"

She shrugged.  "I don't know.  I read up on the minette spider venom more last night.  It strangles one's magic, but there haven't been any cases as bad at Jai's or even one where someone was able to survive it.  His case is the first."

He started smiling then...with a completely new look in his eyes as he stared at her.  "I knew choosing you as the new palace healer was perfect."

Lyv laughed, holding up her hands.  "I didn't even know what I was doing, just going off instinct."

"Well, your instinct saved my brother's life."

Yes, even when I wanted so badly to take it

By the time she'd finished her breakfast, the rest of the royal family had come, all looking as if they could get more sleep.  Eamon and Laurel immediately went to where Destan was sitting at his side, while the king and queen went to her. 

Queen Alexea immediately wrapped her in a hug.  "I know I said it too my yesterday, but I do not know how to thank you enough."

"You don't have to.  This is my job, the reason you put me in this position."

"And yet we're still thanking you as we are," King Emmeric said with a smile, hugging her as well once his mate had let her go.  "How did he do through the night?"

Again, she told them about what happened and quickly said she'd had it under control and didn't need to wake everyone. 

The queen put a hand on Lyv's cheek.  "And you look like you haven't even gotten any rest yourself."

"I'm fine."

But Destan was quick with his own answer.  "She hasn't slept at all."

"Then go," she told her with a smile.  "We will stay with him.  And if anything should happen, we know right where to find you."

Lyv didn't take much time to try and deny the queen's request.  Her exhaustion was weighing down on her and she knew she was in need of sleep.  And when she went to grab her knife, she looked back at the royal family that looked anything but royal at that moment, gathered around Jai's cot, thankful he was still with them.