яυмιиαтισи 1

...

Some meetings were inconsequential, others were stimulating yet easily forgotten. There were times when you meet someone, you would get along famously with them, and also times when a disconcerting conversation would sour the experience.

I remembered it clearly. Even when years had gone by, countless ruminations passed,
memories formed and forgotten, I still remembered it clearly.

No matter how I tried to avoid it, tried to replace the events with others,
tried to let go and move on from such painful incidences.

... I couldn't fathom the hows or the whys,
nor the known hopelessness and the inevitable ultimatum that would take place,
for it was etched in the recesses of my mind,
that no matter how I struggled to verbally and mentally lie to myself,
I couldn't and wouldn't give up the one thing I had come to treasure most...

The times I spent with her.

...

.

.

.

.

..........M.E.R.I.D.I.A.N......L.I.G.H.T.S..........

.

.

Today, I met an interesting and admittedly weird girl.

I accidentally hit her on the face. Not an ideal meeting, but it sure beat any prior ones I had in the past. Watching her walk away in quick robotic movements, I felt the beginning of intrigue and bewilderment crept in my chest.

What I didn't know then was that she would occupy my thoughts from years on end.

It all began that one simple day.

The first time I saw her.

...

The short program was over and done with. My mood faltered as I remembered the mistakes that I made. Seeing my gloomy expression, Coach Nanami patted my shoulder and said encouraging words, but for the life of me, I couldn't pay attention to what was said as I replayed and remedied the mistakes in my mind.

An hour later, I was left alone in the locker rooms as Coach Nanami went out to handle something with the staff while my mom placed the luggage in the car. My stomach grumbled loudly, reminding me of my exhausted state.

I hesitated, Coach Nanami would be back any minute now, and so will Mom. But I was thirsty and hungry... wasn't there a drinking fountain down the hall?