Chapter 4

~September 2000~

Maeve walked through the halls with her best friend and boyfriend, Joe. People were whispering about her and the fact that she just had baby. A baby that was not Joe's but he still loved her.

"Are you okay?"

"Not really. I want to go home."

"I know baby but you have to stick it out. It's our first day back and my match is coming up next week."

"You want me to come to your practice?"

"Yeah. I need my little cheerleader." Joe pulled his girlfriend into a hug. They continued onto their classroom while their peers just stared at them.

"Hey Maeve, Joe. Can we talk?"

"What about?"

"My mom wants to see Bryan soon. Can we come over tomorrow night or you come to my place?"

"I'll ask my mom if we're busy, if not we can work something out."

"Thank you." The boy named Matt hugged Maeve before walking away. Joe watched as Matt left.

"I still don't like him."

"Yeah I know. But he's Bryan dad." Joe just rolled his eyes and kept walking. "Thank you for being nice to him."

"You're welcome." Maeve bit her lip, "What are you thinking about?"

"Huh?" Maeve looked up at Joe, "I'm not thinking about anything."

"You bit your lip. Something is on your mind."

"I promise it's nothing."

"Ok. But you'll tell me if it becomes something, yeah?"

"Of course."

~2003~

Graduation day. The biggest day for Maeve, Joe and Matt. They will move on from high school but will stay friends.

"Let me take a picture of you three!" Maeve's mother cheered as the trio got together, Maeve in between the two boys. The mothers took many pictures of the trio before Bryan ran in to join the picture. Then of course there had to be pictures of the parents and the couple. Although, Joe and Matt still didn't like each other, they got along for the sake of Maeve and Bryan.

"Mama, I love you."

"I love you too." Bryan kissed Maeve's cheek, "Go give daddy and Joe a kiss."

"Ok!"

~2016~

Joe, now Roman Reigns, rushed back to Tampa after receiving word that Matt was hit by a drunk driver. Maeve and her son sat in the waiting room, waiting for the doctor to say something. 

"Hey are you ok?" Roman knelt in front of Maeve, "Have they said anything?"

"Nope. We are so close to Bryan's graduation, he can't leave us yet." Maeve's tears cascaded down her cheeks.

"How bad is it?"

"Bad." Roman wiped her tears away and looked at Bryan.

"Hey kiddo, how are you doing?"

"He's not going to make it. He's not going to be there for me." Joe hugged Bryan,

"I'll be here. Don't think like that." Roman looked at Matt's parents who were a wreck.

"Matthew Thompson's family."

"That's us." Joe stood up and looked at the doctor. "His parents are right there." Joe gestured towards the older couple.