Chapter 14 - Idiot.

Start from the beginning

"Take off your shoes," he repeats, sounding highly amused.

"Nope," I say, shaking my head and dancing out of the way as he goes to grab my arm.

"C'mon," he says, eventually managing to capture my arm and pull me to a stop. "Remove the shoes, Luce."

When it becomes obvious that he's not going to let this go, I sigh and roll my eyes, kicking my feet free of my converse. We both look down to find my right foot covered in a black and white zebra-patterned sock, and my left covered in an orange and black tiger-patterned sock. Cringing slightly when I hear his chuckle, I look back up at him to see him giving me an actual genuine smile.

"You're so weird," he says, shaking his head slightly.

I roll my eyes as I pull my shoes back on, not bothering to undo the laces. "Shut up," I mumble quietly (but I'm pretty sure he heard) before walking ahead of him.

"Hey, wait up, it's my question!" he calls out from behind me, still sounding amused. Asshole.

I reluctantly slow down and wait for him to catch up before asking what his question is.

"How old is Beck?" he asks, causing me to look over at him in disbelief.

"What's it to you?" I reply, unable to keep some of the hostility out of my voice.

What the hell is his problem with Beck?

"Just curious," he says with a shrug.

I sigh, shaking my head. "Twenty-one." He pulls a face at that. "What?"

"He's practically double your age," he mutters, wrinkling his nose in a way that would probably be kind of cute if he weren't pissing me off so much right now.

"No, Justin, that would make me ten and a half years old... a bit of an overstatement, don't you think?" I sigh, letting my annoyance show.

He studies me for a few seconds before seemingly deciding to let it go. "Whatever," he mutters.

I stop walking and turn to face him, knowing exactly what my next question is going to be. "What exactly have you got against Beck?" I ask.

"I just don't like him, alright?" he replies with a shrug. "I think he's an ass."

"In comparison to who?" I ask, my voice rising with incredulity. "You?"

He visibly winces at the venom in my voice, but I couldn't give a crap. I just shake my head and walk away from him. Who the fuck does he think he is?

"Hey, Luce, wait! C'mon..." he sighs, coming up beside me. "Let's just carry on with the game." When I don't reply he adds on, "I'll even give you an extra question..."

I look over at him and take in his almost hopeful expression before rolling my eyes and letting out a sigh. God, he's such an idiot.

"Fine," I mutter, trying to think of a question before finally settling on a simple one. "Favourite fruit?"

"Um..." he thinks for a few seconds. "Probably apple," he finally replies.

I snort and mutter, "Go figure," before rolling my eyes.

He gives me a confused look as we walk. "What?" he asks.

That's when I realise that I've just opened up probably one of the most awkward topics we could possibly ever talk about.

"Oh, um..." I mutter, feeling my cheeks heat and refusing to look at him. "It's actually kind of your - er - scent."

Out of the corner of my eye I notice his eyebrows rising in surprise, and we're both silent for a few seconds.