Chapter 14 - Idiot.

Start from the beginning

"Yeah," he sighs, "I doubt dad will let me skip again, anyway."

I nod, deciding that I should probably wait until about four to text him then. It's then that I realise that I have absolutely no idea what to say and, by the looks of it, neither does he.

Goddammit, why did we have to get paired up together?

"Let's play a game," Justin suddenly suggests, taking me completely off-guard yet again.

"What?" I ask stupidly.

"A game," he repeats, looking at my slightly sceptical expression. "C'mon, it'll pass the time."

"Um... okay," I reply slowly, looking around. "What did you have in mind? Because if you were thinking of eye-spy then I'm going to break it to you now, we're pretty limited." I motion to the surrounding trees, causing him to laugh slightly which takes me by surprise once more.

"I was actually thinking more along the lines of twenty-one questions," he replies, looking over at me.

Wait, he wants to play a get-to-know-you game...?

"Um, sure," I eventually reply with a shrug, not really sure what's going on right now but not really caring. I'd much rather be on patrol with this Justin than the jackass he usually is. "You go first."

"Okay. Um... favourite colour?" he asks, sounding slightly curious.

"Dark green," I reply instantly, it's been my favourite for as long as I can remember.

He nods to himself and smiles slightly, "not much changed there, then."

That causes my step to falter slightly as I look over at him in confusion. "You remember?" I ask before I can stop myself; I honestly thought he'd forgotten everything.

He just shrugs, looking slightly uncomfortable, before smirking. "Is that your question?"

"No," I answer immediately, shaking my head.

"Well then, your turn," he says, seemingly happy that the subject is officially dropped but, little does he know, I'm not letting it go that easily.

"What else do you remember about me?" I ask curiously and watch as it's his step that falters slightly this time.

"Um..." he replies, shrugging slightly. "You know..."

"No I don't, otherwise I wouldn't have asked," I remind him with a slight grin, probably enjoying putting him on the spot like this way too much.

He sighs and shoves his hands back in his pockets before glancing over at me. "Um... well, you've been obsessed with the forest pretty much from the moment you could walk, your middle name is Marie but you don't tell anyone because you absolutely hate it, you love thunderstorms and used to make me stand outside with you in them despite our parents yelling at us to go back inside, when you were six you had this obsession with wanting to fly, and, yeah..." he trails off when he notices the look of complete and utter shock written all over my face.

I can't believe he actually remembers all that...

"Oh," he says with a slight grin. "And you used to have this weird obsession with wearing odd socks."

I wince at that slightly, feeling a light blush coat my cheeks as I glance down at my converse-covered feet.

"No way..." he says, causing me to grimace and look back up at him.

"What?" I ask, trying to play it off as nothing.

"Take off your shoes," he says with a smirk.

"What? No!" I reply, my voice rising slightly as I start walking again, not fully aware that we'd even stopped.