Before she came, Lyv was up, having been awake since the sun was.  Something felt...off.  Like something awful had happened.  It even woke her up from her sleep, bolting up straight in bed as a tight knot formed in the pit of her stomach.  Was something wrong with Gideon?  No, he was still snoring in his room from the sounds of it.  She didn't think it was Roshan either, not when she and the rest of Ayveri would have undoubtedly heard Erly's roar had that been the case.  Even Posy was still sleeping soundly when Lyv went to check on her. 

But still...something was very, very wrong.

She couldn't get back to sleep, not when that knot still wasn't leaving her stomach.  She could barely even concentrate as she made the morning's tea, even though Gideon wouldn't be up for a few more hours.  And when he was, finding her in the kitchen absentmindedly making breakfast, he knew something was wrong with her.  She didn't tell him, though, knowing it was more than likely just something that she had dreamed of and then forgotten.

The feeling never lessened, even when Thia showed up as they were eating, dressed in a flowy white shirt and linen pants, which made Lyv take a second look because she'd only seen her in leather. 

"The beach?" Lyv asked when Thia told her where she was taking her.

"It's your day off, right?"

"Yes, but..."

"But nothing.  You can do with some relaxing and a day on the sand in the sun is just the thing.  I know a little place no one really goes to.  Roshan needs to learn how to swim and it'll help build him strength."

Gideon, who had heard the whole conversation, perked up at the prospect of a relaxing day by the water since it was his day off as well.  "I'm in."

Thia narrowed her eyes at him over Lyv's shoulder.  "And did I invite you?"

"No, but it's my day off, too...so I'm inviting myself.  Besides, you have yet to see me shirtless, Thia Branvon."

"And why, exactly, would I want to see that?"

Gideon winked.  "Because it will give you a preview of what else I have to offer."

The two of them had been nonstop the past few weeks since they met.  Whenever Lyv would talk to Gideon, she'd tell him to lay off with the sass...to which he answered he was going to wear her down into liking him.  Lyv would just shake her head and let it go.

"Just let him come, Thia, and I'll go, too," she told her. 

"Fine," she huffed.  "Besides, I can't go tell the dragons we're not going to the beach when I already promised.  That would not be fun.  Erly was showing Roshan the way around the city since, you know, Roshan can't fly just yet and Erly's just a little too wide for the streets."

"Don't let her hear you say that," Gideon snorted, passing them by to go back in his room to get his things. 

And Thia smacked him on the back of the head. 

***

When they made it to the edge of the harbor, they found Erly and Roshan patiently waiting, just as Thia had said.  Posy, who had tagged along as well, flew from Lyv's shoulder to land on the top of Roshan's head.  The dragon practically went cross-eyed trying to look up at her and she kissed him between the eyes.  Lyv couldn't help but laugh. 

At the sound, Roshan looked up and bounded happily toward her.  He was still getting used to being bigger than he had been just a few weeks before and continuously tried to sit in her lap, but he was learning.  It was just his head that hit her stomach this time before he nuzzled into her.