Chapter 5

Levy P.O.V

The night passed quietly, only small sounds here and there. I decided to let Gajeel sleep all night instead of waking him up for a shift, I wasn't tired anyway. I tried to think of what dark guild could have attacked us. Their insignia had been a snake, curling in on itself in knots. I flipped open a book I brought for easy reading and it was filled with guild marks. I finally found them. "Crimson Viper huh?"

I continued to read but there wasn't much on the guild. As the sun started to peek over the horizon I snapped my book shut. I got up and shook Gajeel. "Time to get going, get up." He grunted as he stretched and I woke up Lily before heading to Wendy. Once we were packed up we started off again.

The jungle was thick but thankfully, we had a walking talking tool box. Gajeel cut through the thick vegetation, walking a bit ahead of us. Wendy tripped several times and I had to help her, setting us farther and farther back from Gajeel. He disappeared just beyond out sight and we ran to catch him.. We burst through the trees, nearly colliding with Gajeel. "Wow." I muttered. Before us was a grand temple, several hundred feet high and it plunged, who know how deep, into the ocean. I had to admit it was a sight to behold and we stared for a long time.

"Well let's go then." Gajeel said as he started forward. We followed close behind as he entered. The inside was large,and it looked like the room we were in was only a closed off section. The rest of the temple was closed by a large stone door. "This place is incredible." Lily murmured. Gajeel walked up to the stone door and looked it up and down. He pulled his hand back, turning it into and iron club. "Stop!" I shouted, grabbing his arm. ""This is the only way to get through shrimp!"

"You can't go busting through a tomb iron brain! These things usually have a trick to opening them." He grumbled but put his arm down. "Wendy help me find some kind of switch or lever." She nodded and went to the other side of the room. Gajeel sat heavily by the door while Lily and Carla joined the search. "Up here!" Lily called after nearly thirty minutes of searching. I looked up to see him near the banisters. "That's an odd place for a switch." Gajeel said.

"Well people arnt meant to enter. Hit it Lily!" He smiled and nodded, hitting the switch in front of him. The large stone door groaned as it slid up, knocking dust and pebbles loose. Once it was open Lily flew down and I held him. We walked in to the large chamber, and Wendy and I squeeled as the stone door suddenly closed.

Gajeel P.O.V

Great, pitch black in a room with squeeling girls. This place just gets better and better. I blinked at the sudden light, and looked to see Levy holding an illuminated word. I looked around trying to get my barrings. Even with the word it was hard to see, but I could make out a pedestal in front of us with the book face up. I went to step forward but Levy grabbed my arm.

"What now?" I snapped. I regretted it by the look on her face but she shook it off. "Your too heavy, the ground will give out." she pointed to the walkway in front if me. It was indeed crumbling and only dark ocean stretched below. She handed Wendy the light and carefully walked the small bridge. I watched nervously, knowing one wrong step would send her over the edge. My heart nearly jumped out of my chest when a step sent chunks of rock into the water. After what seemed an eternity she reached the book and grabbed it.

Torches glared up along the walls, making us all jump. The water below began to churn and froth. "Levy!" I yelled at her. I got as close as I could without stepping in the walkway and held out my hand. She inched forward, reaching out. As soon as our fingers touched I grabbed her hand and pulled her back to solid ground.

A pillar of water shot into the air and seemed to suspend there. We all stared in a mix of awe and fear. The water slowly fell, reveling the monster underneath. It looked like a large serpent, but it's head was shaped more like a dragons. Webbed skin crowned it's head and long whiskers like a catfish hung from it's chin. It's skin was a deep wet green that shimmered blue and gold in the torch light. I found myself staring, my mouth gaping. A large claws foot emerged from the water and grabbed the edge of the cliff. It reared it's head and made an ear splitting roar.