"Why is that thing always following you?"

"CAMI is my eyes and ears," Ivy explained. The robot chirped at the mention of itself. Iggy noticed the faded lettering printed on top of its head for the first time. They read out C-4M1. "Sometimes I miss things. CAMI ever misses anything."

CAMI warbled again, its single, shuttering eye flashing for a moment as it shifted its metal, duck-like feet on its owner's shoulder.

Tenn rolled his eyes. "You people and your machines..."

"It's kinda cute..." Iggy muttered.

Ivy pushed up her glasses. "Remind me, where are you from again, Tenn?"

"Galenrad."

Ivy nodded before jotting something down on her digital tablet. She clearly knew more about Galenrad than Iggy did. All he knew about the planet was its location in the Cadmus Rift just outside of Elysian territory.

"That's one of the planets the empire could not seem to conquer during the First Expansion," Ivy said. "You come from a warrior civilization, yes?" Tenn nodded. "These games should be a walk in the park for someone like you, then."

"If I was still a young man, sure." Tenn rubbed the purplish bruise on his elbow. "But my body isn't as strong as it used to be."

"I see." She input something else into her device. "So, tell me a little about yourself. What was your life like before you got to Elysium?"

"No."

"No?"

Tenn cleared his throat. "I'd rather not do this."

Ivy's artificial smile crumbled like a sandcastle hit by a wave. "This interview could be very beneficial toward your—"

"I'll pass."

"I'd advise against that, Tenn."

"Good thing I don't take advice from Elysians." He crossed his arms.

Ivy simply huffed before shifting her attention to Iggy. "Will you be doing the same?"

He looked at the old man, his eyes wide. The Andradan simply shrugged at him. That wasn't helpful, he thought. Part of him wanted to follow Tenn's lead and tell the reporter off. But another part of him knew appealing to the crowd could help him get far in the games. And he needed to get far. He needed to win.

Tenn hadn't disclosed anything about his life back home, but Iggy doubted he had a family. If he did, they couldn't have meant too much to him considering the fact he never mentioned them.

Iggy, on the other hand, had a mother who needed him. He'd do whatever it took to return to her. Exhaling, he shook his head at Ivy and forced a smile onto his face.

"I'll do the interview."

She grinned. CAMI clicked excitedly.

Beside him, Tenn cast his unimpressed gaze to the arena's pit below them. For the time being, he'd have to ignore the old man's judgment. Tenn embodied the definition of a lone wolf; chances are, no one relied on him the same way he relied on no one. That wasn't the case for Iggy. His mother needed him. The Andradan would never understand his motivations.

Ivy took a seat beside him. CAMI began recording their conversation after attaching itself to the ledge it'd been placed on.

"Ready to get started?"

"Ready as I'll ever be."

"That's what I like to hear." Ivy gave her robot a silent countdown with her fingers. Once she reached zero, she clapped her hands together and introduced herself to an invisible audience. She then introduced Iggy, who responded by waving awkwardly at CAMI. "Today, we're bringing you an exclusive straight from Neon City in the wonderful Au Grattus Arena. Out of all our contestants, the one sitting beside me has to be the one I'm most intrigued about."