chapter 14: Venom

The little door opened with a hiss, white steam flowing out around a transparent case. A big black glass vase was in the centre, holding some sort of black liquid. 

"What... what is it?" I asked, running my fingers over the cold glass.

"They called it 'the suit'. This is what our parents spent their work on."

"A big vile of black goop?" I asked, very confused. What in the world could be so important about this?

"Its not just goop." He rolled his eyes. "It was designed to cure cancer."

I gasped in a short breath. Cure cancer? Thats amazing! But, how? "How would it do that?" I asked, and he closed the door.

"I'm not so sure. I never looked over it much. But, we have these." He walked over to a desk, and rummaged through some drawers, pulling out a few notebooks. In them, were various formulas, with sketches and designs. I tilted my head to the side, and gazed at the strange diagrams. "All I want to do is to finish what our parents started." He said, and put his hands on the table, arching his back. "And man," he banged his hand on the table, making the books jump, "they were so close too. Dude, they were so close!" He groaned and gathered up the books. "Anyway, that's that. We're not even supposed to be in here. You can't tell anyone about this, ok?" He had a serious look on his face and I gulped.

"O-ok." I nodded, and he slid the rest of the books into the drawer.

"C'mon." He said, and headed out the door. Taking one final look at the case, containing 'the suit', I bit on the inside of my cheek.
My parents were so mysterious. If they didn't mention anything about this before, how many other things didn't they?

...

I leaned on the railing after the final school bell rung. The late March day was very warm, and people all around already had ditched their coats and sweaters.
Eddie and I agreed to meet after that day, and he was going to pick me up.

"Heya!" Gwen said, and slid down the railing. I smiled and waved. "Watcha doin'?" She asked and took out a piece of gum from her pocket.

"Waiting for a friend."

"Girl or boy?" She asked and twirled her hair.

I rolled my eyes. "Gwenny, it's a boy."

"Tsk. Don't you have any other cute girl friends besides Mary Jane?"

"Gwen, you and Mary Jane are my only girl friends."
She stifled a laugh. "What? It's not like you're more popular than me!"

She punched me in the shoulder and scoffed. "Oh shut up."

I heard a car engine and turned my head to reveal a red convertible pull up. Students awed at the gorgeous car.
"Yo! Pete!" Eddie honked and waved over.
People turned to me with a confused look on their faces, like I was the 'It Guy'.

"Thats' your ride?!" Gwen drooled over the car.

"Man, I'm so glad to have met Eddie again." I said and hopped off of the railing. "This is an amazing car, damn!" I said and hopped in.

He looked over at Gwen. "That your friend?"

"Lay off of her, she's a lesbian." I said, and swung my bag down to my feet.

Locked Inside [Trans Peter Parker story]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara