11: Her Fantastic Dream (Part 2)

Start from the beginning

"They must pay. For the pain they caused you. Us." The even weirder thing was, I felt like I was the one, saying and doing all this. I had felt the sensation of Cecil's jaw. I also felt the firmness of Prince Renn's torso as the clone approached him next and collided its foot into him as hard as it could. It felt like another consciousness working on its own. With the snap of its fingers, the motion around it continued again. The impact from both attacks hit both boys hard and were knocked back a good distance. Renn struggled to get up, but Cecil didn't move from the position of his face planted in the ground.

"What the hell? Us?"

"Cesshi!" Renn held his side as he stood up and kneeled next to Cecil. He rolled him over onto his back. Cecil murmured in pain inaudibly. "Such a vicious move, Lady. Doushite?" Renn asked. "And how?"

"She stopped time. I've never seen that being done before." The quieter blue-haired male appeared from the woods, approaching the boys. "And certainly not by her."

"Masa..." Renn trailed off wincing.

"The others are on their way." Prince Masamune assured, "Here." Prince Masa placed a hand to Renn's side. A blue aura enveloped that hand, which seemed to make Prince Renn feel better. He then proceeded to heal Cecil the same way.

"This angered being, cannot be the Princess. But too powerful to be an illusion." Renn said stretching his torso, testing it for pain. Cecil came to, and Masa helped him up slowly.

"It must be like Satsu and Kyato. I can see Melody-hime's essence attached to it."

"How could I have missed that?" Renn muttered.

"Because you're you."

"Was that really necessary?" Prince Masa didn't respond.

"If this is not her, then where is Princess Melody?" Cecil asked worriedly. The clone watched the three, calculating their next moves, but not initiating a thing.

"Cecil, the other princes were already contacted and should be here shortly. So don't worry. We'll figure this out." Prince Renn tried to comfort, but Cecil still trembled with unease.

"I-I...I must go." Cecil said turning his back on them. "I must find out what's going on with her in our world. Perhaps I can wake her up somehow before she does too much harm here." Cecil then dissolved into thin air, astonishing the princes, and leaving me behind.

_______________

Cecil the cat awoke with a yawn. He found himself in a patch of grass under a shady tree. The breeze blew softly around him. 'Ah...This is a nice situation for a nap.' The feline thought, 'But there's no time! I must find and rescue the Princess!'

"Nya~" Cecil meowed with resolve. He stood up on all fours and began pouncing towards the school. It wasn't long before he found an open window off the side of the school building and jumped inside. Cecil sauntered up the stairs towards the classrooms, figuring he should start there. He did his best to keep out of sight of the students at the academy. He had no luck in the main classrooms, and not immediately in the hallways either. 'Where could she be?!'

Suddenly, he remembered he hadn't checked the music rooms. Sashaying down that hallway, Cecil was in luck. The feline caught the sound of music playing from one of the rooms. However, the music was deep, dark, and depressing. It gave off a very unapproachable vibe. Cecil approached anyway. Peeking in the doorway, Cecil was taken aback. The music room was in complete disarray. Music textbooks, workbooks, even sheet music, was scattered all over the floor. All the instruments that had been stored there were not straightened, and empty cases had been flung open to the side. And in the middle of it all stood a lone piano, and sitting behind it was supposedly the person he was looking for.