32

Carson's POV

After showering and getting dressed, Nash and I decided to go over to Deans for the whole day. Even though it was almost 80 degrees, I had to wear long clothes to cover my bruises.

"You are actually going to burn if you wear that," Nash pleaded.

"Well, what else am I supposed to do? " I asked him as we got in his car.

"Go to a hospital to make sure they heal properly," he replied. I sighed.

When we got in his car, I looked out and saw Jack carrying something into Lola's house. It looked like a crib.

"I can't believe he actually believes Melanie. I can't believe they're here!" I scoff.

"Lola told me her house caught on fire and didn't want to move away from Jack. She like convinced his mom to let him move down here with her," Nash explained as he started the car.

That sounds all to weird. I think Jack caught me staring because he made eye contact with me.

Those big brown eyes. I remember the first time I saw them.

"Carson Dunn, welcome to high school, here's your schedule!" The guidance counselor welcomed me.

I took my schedule, and entered the doors. I made sure to check to see if my push up bra was doing its job.

"Carson! Over here!" I heard a voice. I turn around and saw Nicki, my best friend since sixth grade.

I ran up to her and hugged her. "Wait, you grew boobs!"

"It's just a push up bra, relax! But do they look good?" She pulled down my V-neck shirt lower.

"Much better." Across the hall, I looked up and saw these two crazy cute guys, both looked like freshman.

"Those are the Jacks. They both went to Ridgeway Middle school. Pretty nice right?" Nicki asked.

"I want one," I stated. I didn't want the blonde one, because we look to much alike and that's weird. The other one it is.

"Carson what are you doing?" I didn't even realize my legs were moving towards him.

"Hi, I'm Carson, Carson Dunn," I introduced myself. His eyes went straight to my chest. Bingo.

Then they came up and met mine. It felt like all of the wind was just knocked out of me. Something about him and those brown eyes really got to me.

"Is it normal for you guys to just stare at each other for this long or..." Nash snapped me out of my memory.

"What I wasn't staring. Just looking at how dumb he is for buying a crib for a fake baby!" I retorted.

"Yea, you were totally staring," he laughed as he started the car and drove off.

Jacks POV
The next morning, I went to the store to get baby necessities. I'm really excited for this kid.

I got a crib, bottles, a little chair, and a bunch of baby toys.

Lola gave me a ride to the store. She's very quiet.

"Hey uh, do you know anything about Nash's dad? I just had a really bad encounter with him last night and I just want to know what he's all about," I asked as she pulled back in her driveway.

"He's a major drunk. I remember when I was about 15, he molested me. Touched me all over." She stopped, holding back tears.

"Ever since, I only go over to Nash's when he's not around."

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to upset you. That sounds really bad. Did you ever ever report it?"

She shook her head. "I'm scared to."

What if he's doing the same to Carson? I have to get to her to find out.

Lola helped me unload all the stuff to the pool house.

Across the street, I saw the beach blonde hair that always catches my eye.

But she looks... broken. Those eyes aren't as piercing as they used to be.

She doesn't have that smirk on.

I think she caught me staring because she made eye contact with me. Or was she already staring?

"Jack let's go!" Lola yelled. I turned back and waved to her, but the car was already gone.

***
Monday, April 22. Our first day at a new school.

Johnson, Sam, and Nicki headed back home last night. It's just me and Melanie. And Carson.

"Don't be so nervous babe. I'm sure there's plenty of teen parents here," Melanie comforted me. Or at least tried.

She put on a tight shirt and jeans. What was weird is that there's no baby bump, or any sign of weight gain.

"Ready?" She asked. I hesitantly nodded.

We walked out and into Lola's car.

The ride to school consisted of Lola and Melanie whispering in the front while I scrolled on my phone in the back.

"Ok I'll get you guys' s schedules, so just wait in the lobby," Lola explained as we walked through the front doors.

"Holy shit who's that?" A girl whisperers to her friend as she walks passed me. She bit her lip and winked at me.

Before I even had time to react Melanie did. She shoved her up against the wall and pinned her. "That is my boyfriend. Look at him again, and we will have some serious issues, got it?"

The girl nodded quickly and ran away.

"Melanie, what the hell!" I yelled as I grabbed her to an empty hallway.

"Jack your mine! Girls can't be flirting with you like that. I had to put her in her place baby," she pouted.

"I can take care of myself. Now please act normal!" I begged and walked away.

Lola was standing in the lobby with our schedules.

"What happened? Why is everyone looking at you?" She asked as she handed me my schedule.

"Nothing," I mumbled as I walked to my assigned locker.

Carson's POV
The next day, Dean picked me up early to take me out to breakfast before school.

Since Jim was home, I had to sneak out my window.

"Morning beautiful," he greeted me as I got in his car. I gave him a quick peck.

"So I heard Jack and Melanie are starting school today," he said.

"Can we not talk about them please? I just want to focus on you," I replied.

"I'm sorry I just thought that you should know. And if he even tries to come near you today, I swear I'll-"

"You'll do nothing and let me handle it right?"

"I just want to protect you," he answered.

That's the wrong guy you're protecting me from.