31

Jacks POV
"I still don't understand why you still want to play basketball. It's going to consume so much time from you, and take you away from me," Melanie pouted as she finished changing.

We were going back out to the party.

"Because I love basketball."

"But you love me more, right?"

"Of course. Now let's just go and party ok," I sighed. Melanie can be very needy sometimes.

We walked to the house, which was filled with bodies of drunk and high people.

I was surprised that Melanie decided to go, knowing that she can't drink.

"I'm going to go find Lola," she screamed over the music, as she parted from me.

Since I didn't know anyone, I just browsed around the house.

I turned around, and saw Melanie talking to some guy.

"Hey babe, who's this?" I asked as I put my arm around her.

"Oh Jack, this is Lola's boyfriend, Brian. This is the baby daddy I told you about,"she smiled to Brian.

"Wassup man!" He slurred as he shook my hand. I gave him an awkward half smile.

"Hey Mel I'm gonna go look around to see if I can find Sammy and Johnson," I yell over the music. She just returned a smile, probably not hearing a word I said.

I ended up finding them dancing in the living room.

"Jack, the chicks here are so fucking hot! You're so lucky man!" Johnson groaned.

"Dude he's having a kid, he can't be looking at chicks. I mean he can and just send them to us," Sam said as both of them snickered.

Then Nicki approached us."Come one dumbasses, we have to check into the hotel, our cab is waiting."

"Jack, come help us with our stuff," Nicki pleaded as she took my hand and dragged me outside.

And of course, Carson was outside with that guy. He was carrying her down the street.

"Jack!" Nicki snapped in my face. I continued to put their bags in the cab.

After they left, I decided to just go back to the pool house and watch some basketball.

As I was walking, I stepped on something hard. I looked down and found a phone. When I turned it on, I noticed it was Carsons phone because her lock screen was a picture of all us in New York.

We were at the hotel and took a pic on the balcony. She had her head on my shoulder, and did that sexy little smirk.

"Hey Jack, I was just about to come in with you. Who's phone is this?" Mel asked. I saw that Brian was still with her.

"Hey do you know where Nash's house is?" I asked Brian.

"Just across the street. It's the big house," he answered.

"Thanks. I'll be right back."

I scrambled through the sweaty bodies and out the front door.

I knocked on the door, and kept examining the photo on her phone. How in love we were. It was crazy how much our lives changed.

"Who are you?" Some guy asked as the door swung open. His breath stunk of alcohol.

"I'm just here to give Carson her phone back. She left it at the party," I responded as I began to take a step inside.