3 | Phone Call

"I still can't believe you just ran ahead like that. Did you think that stupid knife would protect you?"

"I'm sorry, Lime-Boy... I'm sorry..."

"You're only sorry you couldn't catch them."

"Of course! If I'd jumped on their frail-looking back and restrained them to the ground, we could probably go to the police, but I couldn't, so... I'm my paintings."

"You're your paintings?"

"I'm framed. They successfully framed me. Congratulations, burglar-murderer, you got me real good."

"Right... I didn't know you could run that fast. But compared to that person, you almost looked slow. Do you think they used to run at the Olympics?"

"... Olympics? I don't know, Limey. I just wanna know why they hate me. I just wanna know why everyone hates me. I didn't sign up to become a murder suspect. I'm as innocent as a newborn."

"Sorry to tell you, Monday, but none of us are innocent after the way we... handled the body."

"Ehh. I forgot about that. I wanna cry my eyes out now. What if ex-Olympic-athlete-burglar-murderer calls the police and tells on me?"

"What would they tell the police? 'I broke into a stranger's house and saw them murder somebody so I ran away'?"

"Yeah! At least they wouldn't be charged with murder like me! They've got it way better."

"... I don't think they're gonna do it. You're just a high school kid. And we haven't even found the weapon."

"That's the worst part! What if they have it and they mail it to the police anonymously along with my address! I'm so doomed, Liam. I'm doomed this time."

"Either way, if you go down... I go down as well. We're both doomed."

"What, really? You're saying we're partners in crime now? We're in this together?"

"... Yup. You're not alone."

"Okie dokies... I'm sorry, Liam."