09 || Curiosity Killed The Cat

The transport bus stopped in front of the large building called Blackgate. My body jolted forward upon the abrupt halt of the vehicle. Murmurs came from the bored female detainees who were riding along with me. Some were upset because they had done nothing wrong. Others didn't care. They had been here a billion times.

It didn't make sense to me that these women were acting seriously. If you were gonna kill someone, why act this way now? Bet you they were glad to kill that person. Isn't Blackgate the perfect place to meet people like you?

"You girls are all so boring," I commented jokingly. They looked at me, scowling. A snicker escaped me before looking away. "At least smile."

Before anyone could begin talking back, the bus doors opened. Two guards entered and explained the procedure by which we would be taken out of the bus — the boring stuff. We were pulled out in an organized manner, escorted in a straight line as if we were in the freaking military. Whilst we were doing so, I began humming a tune to distract myself from the boredom.

"Shut up, will ya!" The older woman in front of me sneered. My tune paused for about two seconds, and I smirked to myself. I proceeded to hum all over again to annoy her, and it worked because she let out a groan.

Bothering people seemed quite fun. Even though this whole thing was starting out boring, I hoped Blackgate was worth my time.

|  +  |

I was wrong.

Blackgate was never worth my time.

It's boring as hell! It's literally like the GCPD, but worse. Full of law, order, and criminals that don't know shit. A week passed since I arrived, and every day has been nearly the same - Wake up, exit our tiny cells, get fed, do laundry work, and then get our 'recess'. Besides that, my job was to avoid fights with inmates, getting taunted, being forced/bribed into having sex with the ladies, or getting killed.

It was exhausting.

And things I've already done.

Edward did come and visit, but not today. He came almost all week, which was the only good thing. He could come to visit me, considering that it was lonely here. Females are visited less than males; that's a fact. To say Ed was horrified at the living conditions is an understatement.

But besides all that, Blackgate isn't worth what I did. Not exciting enough.

My cellmate was a woman named Jolie Mills. She murdered her sister with rat poison for sleeping with her husband of two years... Literally no style. If that were me, I would've disfigured both of their faces or worse for that. My crime wasn't grade-A material, but at least I didn't just add powder to other people's food. And I made it last long enough to admire the fear I instilled. People need to get a grip. This whole murdering joint is supposed to be fun.

Anyway, she was also a drug addict and my yes-woman. And she now believed I was her only friend. Only because I couldn't do anything but sit here and listen to her long ass sob story.

I was sitting on my bunk, on top, reading a psychology book. Edward had kindly brought it for me, figuring that days were rough for me. My passion is (was) psychology, and throughout high school (Well, what I accomplished of it), I had big dreams and aspirations of being a psychologist. That is actually ironic now because a psychologist would deem me insane now.