Mindy popped up from behind the counter, her bright red lipstick smeared down her face—and although she always enjoyed being late for work, she wordlessly slipped past the silent pair, snapping the door shut behind her, only to open it again and shove Mali across the threshold.

"See you Prego!"

- -

"She what?" Calum found himself yelling, it was some ungodly time at night, and they were in the middle of France—bonjour!—and he would regret it in the morning, but, as I'm sure you would kindly point out, it wasn't morning yet.

"Mali went to New York to find Asia," His mother jumbled out, clearly regretting telling him this in the first place; he heard her exhale slightly, and he heard a faint clink of china in the background; his father undoubtedly listening in and drinking lemon tea. "And, well—she texted us a few minutes ago saying she had found her."

Her, her, her. Mali had found her.

He was silent, his silence caught the attention of Luke—who was up playing fifa against himself, and loosing—who turned away from the TV, his eyebrows raised in concern. Calum's eyes were closed, his lips were drawn together in a thin white line, and his eyebrows were furrowed.

"Cal? Love, did you hear me?" his mother murmured, concern lacing her tone, it reminded him of the time that he had broken his hand fighting a bully in school. He had  come home with his hand jammed in his book bag -- but  he wasn't twelve anymore, and the only person he wished to punch was himself.

He felt the phone being gently taken away, as Luke pressed it to his ear, a smile spreading across his face at the sound of Mrs. Hood.

"Hello? Yes it's Luke—the tall one—and Cal's in this weird shock state now....actually, he looks pretty wicked."

Their conversation continued for a few more stilted exchanges, before Luke hung up the phone and threw it at Calum. (It bounced off his forehead.)

"So.....Mali pulled a Mali?" Luke asked after several minutes of silence, Calum had detached himself from the couch and now was swearing angrily and punching the buses wall, only resulting in bruised knuckles and more curses. He nodded, his sister always meant well—although, he could count the times her actions had actually helped the situation one hand—but had a tendency of, to put it frankly, fucking it up.

"She fucking went there. She went there! She's where I should be."

Now Luke disliked seeing Calum this way, but the only way to rescue his best mate from this self-inflicted depression, was to tell him the cold hard truth.

"You broke up with her—"

"You don't think I don't know that?"

"Let me finish." Luke tutted, folding his arms firmly across his chest. "You broke up with her. You lost the privilege to feel this way when you kissed her goodbye, so stop moping around and do something."

Calum considered punching Luke, but he refrained and grabbed his cellphone instead.

"Fuck you, Hemmings."

- -

Asia was brewing Mali tea, and making casual conversation with her about God knows what, when Mali's phone went off, blaring Amnesia through the apartment. Quickly turning away, Asia set her sights on retrieving a none-chipped mug from the top shelf and frankly, attempted to ignore the voice blossoming from the phone.

"Look, just call me later." Mali snapped, finally answering the phone as Asia returned with the cups and a forced smile. "No, I don't care." She paused, the voice on the other line yelling, and even five inches away from the couch Asia could recognize the voice. Setting the cups down, she unwillingly crossed the concrete floor, stretching her hand out to Mila, she motioned for the cellphone.

Mali blinked in surprise, but obligated to pass the newest iPhone to Asia's shaky hands, as she slowly pressed the phone to her ear.

"—you had NO fucking right Mali, none AT ALL."

It was him.

Swallowing the lump in her throat, Asia cleared her throat slightly—taking a much too big breath—and let a small whisper of a word out.

"Hello?"

--

dedicated to theonlyreasons for being the camz 2 my lauren. her stories are perfection, check them out aSAP!!!!!!!!!! #carmen4ever #ily u make me weak @theknees

hi!!!!!!!!!!!!ooooOooOoOoOooo a cliff hanger wHATS GONNA HAPPEN???????????????? no seriousy tell me whats going to happen. in other words, HAPPPPPY BDAY ASH ILY every1 make a wish that u one day get to see that fine-ass man up close && personal and say "hey u, yeah u!! u fucked up my life. thanks."

pls tell me what you think below, aND THANKS FOR 1.9K READS HAHAHAH WAHT>? AJAJA

with all my love,

wendy