𝐱𝐥𝐢. the long lost brother

Start from the beginning

"It's not exactly top of my vacation list either." Jace quipped as he settled back onto his side of the bed under the duvet.

"My brother's alive." Malia announced. She still had other family out there and she wanted to get to know Jonathan, believing there was a chance was better than Valentine. "Somewhere out there, Jonathan exists."

"I know. It's a lot to process." Malia had grabbed the journal sitting on her bedside table, one she had been reading on her side of the bed. "H-He was just a child."

"With demon blood, don't forget that." Jace reminded as his hand had fallen onto Malia's back to begin to rub against her skin as he soothed her.

"And no one but Valentine to teach him the difference between right and wrong." Malia added as her lips pursed. "If he is out there then I want to find him." She concluded.

"We will."

Malia raised a brow at Jace who had replied so quickly. "How? We don't even know where to start..." But then she had recalled what she had kept in possession. "Wait...maybe that's not true." Jace's eyes trailed after the banshee who had hurried over to her chest of drawers where she retrieved a familiar box that held the initials J.C. on it and which she had kept after Jace had handed it to her. "Do you remember this?" Malia questioned as she showed the box to the Herondale who nodded in reply. "Jocelyn's keepsakes from when he was a baby. We thought they were yours, but they're..."

"Jonathan's." Jace realised as he leant forward in the bed Malia had returned to. "We can use what's inside to track him." He figured.

Malia had chuckled as she begun to open the box which she had thought carried the baby booties and the rattle but it was empty. Someone had taken the belongings of Jonathan which questioned their way of possible tracking him. "Well, looks like someone beat us to it." 

ALEC HAD BEEN enlightened with what Malia and Jace knew about the fact that Jonathan was still alive and he believed that both were capable in finding the abandoned child. They had thought that if they found Jonathan it would lead them to Valentine, probably Veronica but it seemed that even tracking the box itself was a dead end as the booties and rattle had been taken before they even had thought of the possibility of Jonathan being alive.

Malia had followed Jace into Alec's office just as Max begun his leave with praise and the thought of his first mission which he knew he was capable of handling. Alec's attention had shifted quickly onto the couple making their approach and which had caused his brows to raise. "Any sign of Jonathan?" He questioned.

"No," Jace replied just as Max had begun to hover at the doorway to eavesdrop on the conversation he had fallen intrigued with. "we tracked the box itself, but it was a dead end." He told.

Alec's attention shifted to his brother's lurk causing his face to harden with warning of eavesdropping on his conversation causing Malia to turn with her hands on her hips as Jace glanced over his shoulder. The freckled boy had pushed himself away from the door as if he hadn't been listening and which had given them the freedom to talk.

Jace had slammed the box onto the table as a sigh erupted from Alec's lips. "So Valentine sent someone to steal a pair of baby booties?"