Chapter 5

3 years later - Umi's POV - Age 20 - Jonin

I walk to the Uchiha compound to see Sasuke waiting. "Hey Sasuke." I say bending down with a smile to look at him.

"You came!" Sasuke says shocked.

"Of course, if its you or Itachi, I'll always come to help or spend time." I say to him and I hear a hmp.

I look over to see Father.

"Oh, you, nice to see you Father, I didn't think you would be here." I say in a calm tone.

"Umi, why are you here?" Father asks me.

"Sasuke wanted me to walk him to school today." I say to Father and Sasuke nods.

"I was going to walk him today." Father says and I stand up to look at Father in the eye.

"I'm not gonna be cut off from my brothers, Father." I say to him in a calm tone. "I will walk Sasuke to school, and you can walk him back, does that sound fair?" I ask and Father nods.

"Fine." Father says and leaves.

I smile down at Sasuke. "Come on, Sasuke." I say to him and Sasuke nods.

I walk him to the academy and I leave once he's inside.

"Hm." I say as I walk and think, not really noticing the silver haired ANBU and the black haired ANBU and one other ANBU, sneaking up behind me.

"Boo." 

I jump and look to see the three laughing, I scowl and pout.

"Jerks." I say and that makes Itachi, Kakashi and Shisui laugh more.

I roll my eyes I start walking again, ignoring them.

"Mission complete." Kakashi says and I roll my eyes again.

Boys will be boys.

I see a bird circling above me. "Huh, that's odd, I usually get Mondays off." I say and that catches the three guy's attention. I walk to the Hokage office and I knock.

"Come in." 

I walk in. "You wanted me Lord Hokage?" I ask.

"Yes, I have a mission for you, it's a special request and I can't turn it down." Lord Hokage says and I nod. "I know today is your day off, but you need to take this mission." 

"Alright." I say and I get handed the mission paper, I read it over and I leave the room with a small bow.

I walk to my apartment and I unlock the door, I walk in and shut the door behind me.

I get ready and I walk to the gates.

"Mission?" Izumo asks and I nod.

"Yep." I say and leave.

2 days later

I get back to the Leaf Village to see Kakashi there.

"Kakashi?" I ask and he looks over at me and his eyes sadden a bit. "What's wrong?" I ask.

"The Uchiha were massacred, Itachi killed them and Sasuke survived." Kakashi says to me.

"Oh." I say and my hand latches onto my arm. "Ok, I'm going to report my mission, I'll see ya later Kakashi." I say and walk past him, I can tell he knows I'm sad, but he doesn't press it. I walk to the Hokage office and I knock.

"Come in."

I make myself let go of my arm and I walk in. "Lord Hokage, my mission was a success." I say to him and Lord Hokage nods.