"You're alright?" she whispered. I nodded.

I held her waist and burrowed my face into her warm body. Allecra rubbed my back, drawing me closer to her.

After a moment, she took a step back. Her warm breath brushed faintly against my face. I realized how desperate I was to have our lips connected again.

"I couldn't go home—my car—" I chocked. My voice didn't sound like my own. It was croaky, clogged and wet and heavy with tears. Allecra smooth my hair as if to calm me down.

"I know. It's alright. You're safe now," she reassured me then turned me away from the door. She bent over into my car and retrieved my purse. She turned to her brother again.

"Take care of it, Triton," she said to the smiling man. We walked away with our arms around each other like two wounded soldiers getting off the battlefield. She escorted me into the Lambo. The car was so dark and low inside. Allecra leaned over to yank the seatbelt and strapped me in like I was a baby. Then she slammed the door shut.

The interior looked like an alien space ship with all the lit screens. But the smell of mild exotic perfume calmed me. It was clean and fresh with some traces of Allecra's exquisite scent.

She got into the car soon after. The ocean depth of her eyes gleamed in the dark. When she turned to me, those eyes dimmed down a little, but her elegant brows furrowed.

"We're not done talking yet," she said and expertly shifted the gear. And I swear no man could do that so attractively like Allecra.

The car eased out of the hill and sped onto the road. I sat in silence. The whole time, Allecra didn't look at me again. I didn't know if I was being an inconvenience to her.

We stopped at an intersection as the traffic light turned red. She revved the engine a few times, causing a deafening crackle from the engine. Then she turned her face to me. It made my heart pound at a frantic tempo again. I was intimidated by her steady gaze. Her flawless angelic face looked tensed with some sort of conflicting thoughts.

"Tell me where your house is, I'll take you there," she said.

But the thought of parting from her so soon saddened me.

"I don't want to go home yet," I murmured and looked down at my fidgeting hands. If I was being honest, I actually missed seeing her.

"You're not making it easy for me," she said, but it was more to herself. When the light turned green, she stepped on the accelerator again. I was jolted back into my seat. I glanced at Allecra. A slight frown marred her face. The light from the street did little to help me see her expression in the dark.

"There's no one home," I said again. "Please take me somewhere else."

"Why were you out at night all alone?" she asked.

"I went to someone's party and then I left early," I told her without giving too much detail.

"What happened, Nina?" she said. I realized she must have noticed my miserable state a while ago.

"I don't want to talk about it," I said with a shrug. Allecra's hands on the wheel tightened.

"Alright," she sighed. "I will find out eventually."

We stopped at another traffic light. She turned to me once more. This time, her eyes softened and her brows smoothed back.

"You feel better now?" she said, which made my heart flutter at her caring tone.

"Buy me a drink," I told her boldly. She laughed and shook her head in amusement, but she didn't refuse.

"Okay," she said. "And you also need food."