Chapter8-Findings

Chapter 8-findings

RIGEN

After the unexpected departure of the new handmaid, I make no effort to teach her the lessons of respect. For some abominable reason I have no resentment against her.

Maybe, what you see changed your mind.

Okay, my conscience maybe a little bit right about that but I have important things to think about and do. That should be the reason for not begrudging her.

No that is not it.

I remain seated not doing about anything of utmost importance.

Why does this handmaid keep invading my thinking stream?

I decide to go on a walk. Just to clear my head. Guess whom I found walking round like a goat with no leash. Not that she is a goat; she is just...

Forget that.

Speak. My mind tells me. Maybe if I behave kind to her I will earn her respect. That almost never happens. The usual was be difficult and then niceness comes later.

I start with something simple.

"I guess we started on the wrong foot."

This woman will never stop surprising me. No, she does not just surprise me she shocks me and beguiles.

She started running as if her life depended on it. Never in my life have seen a female run this fast.

To think that I thought this walk would clear my mind.

4 days later

My routine has not changed but my meals have. I have eaten these types of food so many times that it seems like I have their tastes imprinted in my memory.

Worst of all, my head has been in ruckus. Nothing seemed to mean anything. I find myself occasionally questioning my existence.

Nothing eventful happened. The normal meeting with my father and his cabinet. The usual advice from my father.

Finally, I decide to go to my hide out. It is not totally a hide out. It is just my alone place. It is more private than my hut and I built it myself when I was younger.

I go there occasionally during my hunting trips. Whenever I need to clear my mind, I go there. Obviously, this occasion needs intense relaxation.

I have not seen that house cleaner. Not that I am worried about her, just the fact that Nona went crazy looking for her. She is still missing.

I guess it is an attitude of hers to run away from every master she has.

I had already told my father that I want to venture into the woods. They would not come looking for me thinking I am lost now.

I walk for some time. Not too long.

I catch sight of something.

I had already set my bow and arrow, ready for anything. Taking slow precise steps to prevent any danger to myself. I make it closer to this creature.

Someone I realize as I stepped closer. It was woman. To be more specific the runaway handmaid.

I give a small kick. That should wake her up but she does not react. I cannot help but think she wants to revenge me for the little joke I cracked some days ago.

I try to shake her up; she still does not wake up. I then place my palm on her head. It was cold.

Now, I had enough evidence to prove that she was not faking and that she needed help as fast as possible.

I then pick her up in my arms. As disrespectful as she was some days ago I still have human empathy to help.

The distance from here to the palace was long enough. How long did she go?

There was only one way of knowing the answer. That was to wake her up. If she had gone a little farther, she would have seen my hut.

Thus, I decide to take her there. She was so limp in my arms. It almost seemed as if she had no life. She at least was not in complete state of consciousness.

'Home sweet home'

It was the first thought that came to mind. I considered here my home because I built it myself and it did not have all the royal markings the one back in the palace had. It was even smaller; the one at the palace was quite large. I could even share with a family of two children. That was not exaggeration.

It was just simple. Exactly how I wished my life could be. If only I was not born a prince and I did not have all these responsibilities on my shoulders, I would have had the simple easy life of a hunter with nobody to worry about but myself.

Back to the present situation, the woman I have in my arms. I walk into the hut and place here on my straw bed.

I then stepped back a little. At this, I could take in her minor injuries. They were on here arms and legs. Thanks to the garments she had on, I could see some bruises on her abdomen.

She sure did have a small waist.

Keep your head straight, I reminded myself.

With just little herbs, they should be all right in maybe two-three days.

I do not want to brag but I had quite enough knowledge of herbs and roots, though I am not as good as the nurses and Shaman.

I set out to find what I need to make the concoction for her injuries. They were not hard to find.

I did the mixing and it did not take me long to be done.

I sat at the bedside on the ground. This way I got a good view of her face. She was indeed beautiful.

I shook my head trying to get the thought out of it but it just did not work. I set out to work. I rubbed the concoction on her injuries.

I am guessing that if she were awake she might run away again. I laugh at that thought.

Now all that is left are the injuries on her stomach and abdomen. The looked worst. Almost as if, she fell out of a tree. That was of utmost impossibility as women and girls DO NOT CLIMB AT ALL.

I got some of the concoction in my hand and massaged it on her fragile body. She did not react.

I was done very fast. This was because I needed some distance from her.

Finally, I set out to making dinner.

A/n: Thanks for reading till now

Don't Forget to Vote and comment

PLS COMMENT I NEED TO KNOW WHAT YOU ARE THINKING. *about to cry*