Chapter Twenty-Five

Start from the beginning

“Fine,” I shrugged before wincing, forgetting how much I had damaged my shoulder in the struggle with those men earlier.

“Are you okay?” Cinder’s coal black eyes were laced with concern.

“Fine, just injured my shoulder that is all,” I gave a small smile trying to sit up. The girl who I woke up to helped me and I gave her another smile which she blushed to and looked away.

“Harper, could you call Abby?” Cinder asked the girl. So that was her name.

“Yeah,” she got up and I couldn’t help but watch her leave she was stunning.

“Cain,” Cinder broke me from my day dreams of the girl, Harper.

“Yes?” I looked at her. She had a oval shaped face with high cheek bones and wide set eyes. Her eyes were like black onyxes and were framed with thick eyelashes. Her skin had a golden hint to its complexion and her hair was coal black and wavy.

“Why did you come looking for me and why did you call me Cinder?” she asked.

I frowned. “Because that is your name”

“No,” the other girl butted in. “Her name is Iris.”

“Well I was told it was Cinder and I was sent here to find you,”

“But why?” Cinder or Iris whatever her name was asked.

“I don’t know,”

“Because you have been summoned,” A new voice butted in and we all turned to see a strange woman walk in.   

Iris’s POV

Abby floated in with her honey coloured hair and unnatural green eyes and Harper soon followed with an odd expression on her perfect features. Harper wasn’t wearing any makeup today when Cain had graced us with his presence she had jumped at the chance to help us. I watched her as I she took the seat across from us.  

“What you mean?” I asked as I watched Abby started examining Cain.

“Someone has woken the elements inside you,” Abby said.

“But why?” I asked not understanding.

“To bring you together, to either destroy you or I don’t know,” she looked puzzled. “I just don’t understand,” she muttered.

“What don’t you understand?” I asked.

“Well the origin witches...”

She was cut off by Cain. “Witches?” he looked confused as he gazed around not understanding.

“Yes witches now hush,” she barked. “The origin witches casted a spell to prevent the elements from becoming their full selves, gave them human forms that died out and they were reborn again and again. As they reincarnated them became less powerful until they were but a bit more than a mere human, their real form lying dormant.” She paused. “I heard of the odd reincarnation awakening the element within them but never two at the same time and then them finding each other,” she was rambling to herself. “The Origin Witches had prevented them ever coming together so why are they?”

“Abby,” I clicked my fingers in front of her face. Seeming to snap out her rambling she muttered sorry. “What are the Origin Witches?”

“They were the first three witches born to the race of men. They are older than time itself, they are as old as you,” she looked me in the eye before flickering her gaze to Cain who looked confused.

“So they are twenty?” Cain asked.

“No, they are older than time itself,” Abby snapped irritated. “Like you and Isis.”

At this he burst out laughing. “You’re funny, lady”

“No Cain listen” Harper suddenly said making him suddenly sober up as he locked eyes with her.

Cain’s POV

I locked her gaze but she broke when she shifted in the seat.

“You have to listen to what they are saying,” Harper said to me looking anywhere but my eyes. I frowned a little before turning to Iris.

“Thanks Harper,” Her eyes were narrowed towards Harper before she turned to me. “Abby would you explain?” the blond woman nodded, rolling her eyes.

“You know the four elements?” she questioned me.

I nodded. “Fire, water, earth and air” I listed them off.

“Right well how can I out it,” she paused. “There was a time when the elements were beings and they lived in harmony with one another. They were siblings who protected the world before man. Then the human’s came and brought their spirit with them.”

“Right but this isn’t story time...” I trailed off.

“What I am saying Cain, is you are the reincarnation of one the Elements!” the woman snapped.

“Which one is he?” Harper asked. I couldn’t believe these people believed this crazy old bat, well she wasn’t old but you get my point! But then in this past week I could believe anything right now!

“Judging by his eyes,” she studied him closer. “Water, I do believe you are Cain Clearwater of at least his reincarnation.” She nodded. “It’s funny how you have the same name as him,” she muttered to herself!

I rolled my eyes. “I am named Cain because my adopted parents found me in a river in Wales,” I explained.

“Much like Iris then,” Harper said. “But she was found in a pile of ash in the woods.”

“Really?”

“That is what I am told,” she shrugged.

Maybe this whole element thing was stupid and unbelievable but right now I had no one else to turn to for answer and me and Iris had a lot more in common than anyone else!

___

So this chapter is kind of lame, sorry! :/ Sorry it is also late eek! I was gonna upload on Sunday UK time but looks like I ran over to Monday (it is now 1:39am). I was at a music festival so...

Anyway, I want to know what you guys think of Robbie? Do you want him and Iris to be together or not? VVVVV comment below!

COMMENT

VOTE

AND FOLLOW

PLEASE??

Love Abbie