Chapter Seventeen- School Dances

Start from the beginning

Sam shrugs and looks over at Blair whom is laughing his head off at Diego. Probably for Diego just being himself. "You so like him, everyone but him can tell. He also definitely likes you, like he used to despise you but now he actually likes you and hangs out with you. He is also pretty protective over you, ya know?" I scrunch my eyebrows up.

"I knew he hated me. He isn't that protective over me, I have no idea to anything you are saying," Sam shake his head.

"You are so oblivious to everything. He keeps watching us dancing, he's watching where my hands are and I'm pretty sure if they moved to your waist or ass he would charge over here and attack me. But let's not test that theory, maybe on Kyle but not me." I laugh at him and look over at Blair, waiting for the moment he will look over at Sam and I dancing. He eventually looks over and smiles at me, I smile back. "Go on, dance with him. Wave him over before it's too late," Sam pursues. 

I wave at Blair to come over, he points to himself in confusion and I laugh while nodding. "You so like him, I'll leave you two," Sam pats me on the back and walks over to Kyle to annoy him. Blair ends up walking over to me and just stands there awkwardly, not saying anything. I'm the one to break the silence between us. 

"Do I look like a zucchini?" And I say the most stupidest thing I could possibly say.  I almost slap myself, but I keep my hands down and smile in a painful way.

"Why would you look like a zucchini? Wait, were you trying to look like a zucchini? Because you really did fail," he looks worried for me which makes me laugh. He didn't even take that in a weird way. 

"To be completely honest, it was the only conversation started I could think of. It just felt really awkward before, I just made it weird," I grimace making him laugh at me in amusement. 

He doesn't stop laughing while all I can do is awkwardly sway on my feet and wait for him to stop laughing. But I'm impatient so I put my hand over his mouth, he stops laughing; instead a little smile is left. People come into your life unexpectedly, sometimes they mean more to you than you would think. I didn't think Blair Kingsley could ever possibly even consider me a friend after what happened that one fateful night on the ferris wheel. But now look at us. We are laughing together, well he is laughing at me which still is an improvement. I believe that if someone comes into your life then it was supposed to happen, every event in your life was meant to happen. Good and bad, you either learn from it or run from it. 

"Wanna dance?" He asks, I nod.

##

The next day Sam picks me up from Blair's so we can go see a movie together, I invited Greg as well whom is now a student at our school which made me super happy when I found out he was moving from his old school. Greg and I have gotten super close. Sam and I talk about anything and everything, what we want to do when we leave high school, if I like Blair, if he likes anyone, family issues, just everything. 

When Sam and I finally arrive at the cinemas, Greg comes over to us straight away. "Finally, you're here. I was really starting to look like a loner, it was embarrassing. If you had made me wait any longer I would have gone and hidden in the bathrooms."

I laugh at Greg and roll my eyes at his normal behaviour to waiting for people. We all decided on watching Deadpool 2, which I am super excited for. Apparently it is hella funny. Greg brings the tickets out of his pockets and grins, "You already bought the tickets?"

"I was that lonely. Don't worry about paying me back, I just stole money from dad. He wont notice a little money has disappeared, he's rich anyway," Greg shrugs with no shame. 

We all walk into the cinema and take our seats. Blair and Diego don't exactly know that I'm going to the movies with Sam and he was the one that picked me up and I really hope that Blair doesn't react badly. I know Diego wouldn't because he doesn't care about what I do and who I spend my time with. But as Sam had said last night, Blair has gotten protective over me. But hopefully he will realise that Sam and I are just friends and only recently have gotten closer. Okay, but why am i stressing about this so much?

I receive a snapchat from Blair, which I open straight away. It's a picture of him, Diego, Katie and Patrick. Diego and Blair decided to take Katie and Patrick out for the day, they got to decide where they wanted to go which was the zoo. Blair paid for everything most likely, somehow Diego and I will have to earn enough money to pay him back for everything he has done. I reply back with a picture of my face. He replies instantly, asking who I'm seeing a movie with. He obviously checked my location. As soon as I reply with Sam and Greg, he is calling me straight away.

"Is something going on between you and Sam now?" He asks.

"No. Sam and I are just friends, same with Greg as well. Why do you care?" I ask feeling annoyed. He is so confusing, I don't ever really know how he feels.

"You see to be talking to him an awful lot," he adds.

"Yeah, because Sam and I are friends. He understands me and what I want."

"And what do you want, Annora?" He sounds frustrated, angry even which only annoys me further. Why does he care so much? What's with all the questions suddenly? Why can't he accept that I am allowed to have boys as friends, he can't control me.

"I want to go and watch the movie." And I hang up on him then switch my phone off for the rest of the night.