#39 When it falls apart

Ashton: You were always reasonable. You were the child whose homework was always turned in, the teen whose dreams didn't dare leave the world you knew, and now the adult whose love life was in shambles. Ashton was happy and he thought if perhaps he tried hard enough he could be happy enough for the both of you. He loved you, you loved him that should be enough. It continued until you both couldn't look at one another because just the thought brought tears to your eyes. You had to be the "bad guy", the one to leave. He would receive comfort, he would receive sympathy, and he might move on. You wouldn't, but you were reasonable, what did a simple girl do to deserve a rock star?

Calum: Oh to be young and in love. Not. The moment you mentioned university, Calum paled to the point you suggested he lie down. Sure, he knew you mentioned going and he was proud you had been accepted, but it seemed like something later not so soon. He spent many a night picking at the strings of a bass or guitar to distract from the reality of you leaving. Not that the band wouldn't be leaving, but that was different, wasn't it? Michael said no but Luke had said yes. He eventually started reading the advice pamphlets and saving what he could to buy what you needed for the dorm. He should have called it off sooner, or should have committed more time to you that Summer, but by September the spark was gone and so was he.

Michael: Neither one of you could bring yourselves to say anything about it. Each day it became clearer that this was not working out, that the relationship needed to end. Despite the long nights full of silences, the loss of touch, the tears shed when the other was supposed to be a sleep, neither of you could do it. Love had existed between the two of you and the fear of losing the memories and the other was too much. In the end, it had to be Ashton who did something.Ashton wasn't happy to do it, it broke his heart knowing he'd have to pick up the pieces with Michael (and he'd really rather not imagine how you tried to recover). Both of you knew though, when Ashton nervously shouted out "It's not working anymore!" that he was right.

Luke: Typically, you shut people out first. Perhaps it was as a result of a series of childhood emotional instability that caused you to grow cold, or perhaps you just felt like it. Regardless of reason, that wasn't what occurred this time. Luke began to isolate himself, detaching from, the warm relationship you used to share. He started to ignore you, passing right through the kitchen for a snack when you were right there. He would go to bed after, rolling away from having any contact with you. He just sat their while you cried, begging for him to just say something. Maybe, someday down the line, you'd conclude he chose to say nothing rather than say what he thought which would only hurt you further

A/N: I'm not back for good but I'm back while I'm angsty