Summayah:Its nothing, I fell down.

Jamiu:You call this nothing? I know you are lying, just tell me who did this to you. (His voice was getting loud and it was very clear he was angry.)

Summayah:(Holding her head) Please stop shouting, i am having a serious headache. My headache is pounding, i beg of you.

Jamiu:I am so sorry for raising my voice at you, you have to speak up Summayah. Who did this to you.

Summayah:(Crying loudly)It's your mum.

Jamiu:Huh?My mum? What did you do to her?

Summayah:My head, jamiu my... he...ad. I am dying.

Jamiu:Summayah, please hang on. (He called their family doctor immediately.) Hello, my wife is very sick. I need you to get here  immediately.(He didn't even wait for a reply before ending the call and faced Summayah) Hang on, i know you are in so much pain but the doctor is going to get here very soon.

****
(After 20 minutes that felt like 20 hours, the doctor arrived and he ushered him in after making sure Summayah was wearing her hijab.)

Jamiu:Welcome Dr. Malik, you can come in. My wife is very sick.

Dr. Malik:Just calm down.(He went inside her room and started the treatment.)

(Jamiu couldn't keep calm, with the thought of his mother beating up Summayah to the brick of death. He couldn't believe it, he picked up his phone and called her.)

Jamiu:Salam Alaikum.

Mrs Aminat:Walaykum salaam son. (She was so happy hearing his voice.)

Jamiu:mother, i want to ask you some questions and i need you to tell me what the truth is.

Mrs Aminat:Okay, what is it.

Jamiu:Did you beat Summayah?

Mrs Aminat:So that's why you called,did she call to tell you all this ehn.

Jamiu:You didn't call me, i am at home and the state she is in is very bad mum. So answer my question, did you beat her or not.

Mrs Aminat:Yes,i beat her. She is a useless girl. She is a bad girl, do you know what?

Jamiu:(He cut her off)  Mum i amnt interested in knowing what she did that you decided to beat her up. Is this the reason you got her married to me? To beat her up? She is a sickle cell patient and you treat her like this mum. I didn't expect this kind of thing from you mum.

Mrs Aminat:Just listen to me son.

Jamiu:I don't want to listen to you mum. You have shown me the real You today. (He ended the call and went straight to Summayah's room.) Dr.Malik, is she getting better.

Dr Malik:Dont worry, i have given her some pain killers and injections. She is also suffering from malnutrition, she isn't eating properly. I would get a nurse to take care of her personally because she is so weak and she might need anything when she wakes up.

Jamiu:Thank you so much, doctor.

Dr. Malik:She would be here very soon and i have to go right now because i have some things to do at the hospital.

Jamiu:I really appreciate everything you have done.

Dr. Malik:My pleasure. Make sure she eats when she wakes up, it is your duty to do that.

(Jamiu walks him to the door, he went back to her home. Sitting gently on her bed, he noticed Summayah had become lean and stressed up.Half an hour, he heard a knock on the door and he quickly went to check. He opened the door to see the nurse, Dr. Malik has sent to come here.)

Jamiu:Salam Alaikum. You are the nurse right.

Nurse:Walaykum salaam, i am the one. Where is she.

Jamiu:(He took her to her room)  She is still sleeping though.

Nurse:I will be here for her, Don't worry, she will be fine in sha Allah.

Jamiu:Thank you nurse.
(With that he moved out of her room, went straight to the kitchen to prepare some tea for her, so that when she wakes up she would eat.)

*******
(Mrs Aminat couldn't believe Summayah has actually turned her son against her, her son has never talked to her in this harsh manner.She decided to call Jennifer to tell her what Summayah has done.)

Jennifer:Salam Alaikum.

Mrs Aminat:Walaykum salaam, how are you?

Jennifer:I am fine ma and you.

Mrs Aminat:I amnt fine.

Jennifer:What is the problem MA.

Mrs Aminat:You know that witch, only God knows what she has told my son. He is in sokoto right now, he called me in rage and he doesn't know what and who the real Summayah is. I am sure she has feed him with lies, my son has never talked to me the way he did today.

Jennifer:Mom,calm down where are you right now?

Mrs Aminat:I am in Lagos right now, if not i would have gone straight to him.

Jennifer:Mom,you should leave very early tomorrow and i will come straight to your house.

Mrs Aminat:Thank you my dear, i think that is the best thing to do. I will be back tomorrow, i can't let that witch take my only son away from me. I know she will be happy right now.

Jennifer:I am happy you know the real Summayah right now. We would both plan on what to do and teach her the biggest lesson.

Mrs Aminat:Yes,goodnight. Salam Alaikum.

Jennifer:Walaykum salaam (With that she ended the call with a smile.)